Thanks to the efforts of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, Midnight Star was given a second chance at life. A chance to be happy without the horrors of her memories; but those memories were never truly gone. With their return, Midnight finds herself torn between Harmony and Chaos. But her struggles are only beginning; a new threat has emerged: The Frozen Empire.
With Celestia and Luna beyond their reach investigating the silence of Saddle Arabia, and with Twilight injured, it is up to Midnight to act in Twilight's name to defend Equestria. The only question is: Can she do what must be done to stop the Frozen Empire and keep her darker side at bay? Or will she destroy the very land she is trying to protect?
Midnight Star: The Frozen Empire shows examples of:
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Wind Slicer yells this to Midnight Star to break her out of her spiral into darkness after she massacres the leader of the Frozen Empire's forces. It helps wake her up.
- Everyone Can See It: Interestingly, Sky Slicer started to show feelings for Copper Spark first. When Copper started to reciprocating, Sky started to deny the way she feels about him. Copper is perfectly willing to wait, though, and it takes seeing Copper almost die to a surprise attack from the Empire for Sky to finally confess her true feelings.
- My Greatest Second Chance: The reborn Midnight Star, upon regaining her previous memories, sees her life as this.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Celestia asks Midnight to attack the ice unicorns' leaders. The amount of deaths that resulted were so much that it drove Midnight into a breakdown and would have certainly led to untold destruction hadn´t Wind intervened.
- Something Only They Would Know: The reason Chrysalis comes to trust Midnight is because the below-mentioned reveal would be something Midnight Star would only know if her world's Chrysalis was desperate enough to reveal that in hopes of saving them.
- The Reveal: The revelation that all changelings are actually Chrysalis's children.