Can hoemer do it too? can homer do it too?
what if homer simpson smoked weed?
Can you imagine if Homer Simpson smoked weed?
Does Homer smoke weed?
No? Well, what if he did?
can you imagine what it would be like? Thank you."
Posted to Twitter in the summer of 2014, "Marijuana Simpson" is a Script Fic describing an Alternate Universe wherein Homer Simpson, his family, and the whole population of Springfield are massive stoners. Homer enjoys a comfortable life smoking the finest kush with his wife and children until 19 year-old Bart is suddenly drafted to fight in the Iraq War, setting off a chain of events that threatens to make Springfield a pot free town for good.
Marijuana Simpson contains examples of:
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Springfield's culture is weed-oriented to the point of being bizarre.Flanders: My worth is not tied to how much weed I haveLisa: That's where you're wrong
- Canon Foreigner: The Simpsons now have a younger son, Ken, although he is quickly relegated to Butt-Monkey status.
- Catch Phrase: Lisa constantly grouses that the family "used to smoke an ounce a day" after Homer and Bart's absence forces them to smoke increasingly lower quality bud.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Begins as a series of barely comprehensible tweets and quickly sprawls into a massive stoner epic, filled with character development, tragic events, and soliloquies.
- Crossover: Sonic the Hedgehog and Bender are inexplicably characters, among others.
- Downer Ending: Ken is murdered in prison, Maggie and Lisa are doomed to get hooked on crystal meth, Bart heads back into combat utterly broken, and Marge retreats into a a cannabis induced haze. Only Homer makes it out with any semblance of a happy ending, partly due to his embrace of Swisher Sweets cigars.
- Drugs Are Bad: The unlikely Aesop of the fic; Homer realizes that marijuana dependency is holding him and his family back and subsequently burns all of his pot and embraces the Roman Catholic Church.
- Greek Chorus: Lenny, Carl, and Moe serve as this.
- Replacement Flat Character: Like Lisa in the show, Maggie is politically conscientious, albeit a pothead, while her older sister is almost entirely concerned with smoking weed.
- Running Gag: "I fucked up."
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: After he returns from Iraq, Bart ultimately cannot readjust to the opulent, weed-centric lifestyle of the Simpsons.
- The Stoner: Absolutely everyone. Marge at one point gets so high she forgets Homer is her husband, not her father.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Maggie can't be older than ten, yet she still tokes with the rest of the Simpson Family.