A Nightmare on Elm Street fanfic by an author named Mrs. Kotehok Krueger about a girl named Damien Knight and her friend Reilly, both of whom are living in 1428 Elm Street. They have not had any awareness that Freddy has been trying to get into their dreams and kill them, since they suffer from insomnia, drink too much coffee, and take Hypnocil (spelled hipnicil in the story). After a short prologue basically consisting of Reilly talking about how awesome Jason is and how much Freddy sucks, Damien falls asleep and meets Freddy, who almost kills her. She gives some short speech about how she died once, so she doesn't care about dying again, and Freddy immediately backs down, saying that he won't kill her because she's too interesting. The rest is a horrible downward spiral as Freddy dotes on Damien and takes her and Reilly to a bar in Hell, where Reilly and Jason immediately hit it off. About nine chapters or so in, the plot kicks off, only to be solved anticlimactically and off-screen. Joy!
When this story is meant to occur in the continuity of the series is unclear, but it seems to take place after Freddy vs. Jason considering that Jason shows up and he and Freddy know each other.
It can be found here. (Update: The story has been taken down by the author, but reposted by a third party.)
Love Is Deffinatly Blind provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Damien has an abusive father who killed her mother and is implied to be Michael Myers from the Halloween series.
- A Hell of a Time: Hell actually doesn't seem that bad. It's got a pretty nice bar, at least, even if the red lighting's a little annoying...
- Anti-Climax: The fight between Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger that had been built up over a chapter happened completely off-screen, because Damien was unconscious at the time.
- Author Avatar: Damien Knight.
- Beta Couple: Reilly and Jason.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Some random guy at the bar in Hell grabs Reilly. Jason immediately kills him.
- Gender-Blender Name: A girl named Damien?
- In Name Only: Michael Myers.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: The fight between Michael Myers and Freddy Krueger, which had potential to be cool, happens off-screen.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Appears every now and again, including the substitution of "minuet" for "minute", made popular by My Inner Life.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: All the time. Sometimes even slips a bit into No Punctuation Period.
- Wish Fulfillment: Both the Author Avatar and the character representing her friend get hooked up with the killers of their favorite series (A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th, respectively).
- Write Who You Know: Damien is the author and Reilly is one of the author's friends who is apparently a Friday the 13th fan.