There are five stories in the series thus far; Blood Omen 3: Legacy of Kain, The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 3, Legacy of Kain: Absolution, Legacy of Kain: Heritage, The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 4, and Legacy of Kain: Insurrection. The sixth and final installment, Legacy of Kain: Equinox, is underway.
Currently under construction.
Legacy of Kain: Divus Saga contains examples of the following tropes (Beware unmarked spoilers):
- Animorphism: Kain repeatedly makes use of his Wolf Form and Bat Form throughout the series.
- Badass Gay: Word of God is that Ajatar Cadre, Grandmaster of the Serioli order and Vorador's tutor in swordplay and smithing, is a lesbian.
- Body Horror: In Absolution, a spy working for Alicia Ottmar falls victim to the Font of Putrescence spell. Said spell involves him being infested with parasitic worms, which emerge from every orifice in his body and devour him from the inside out.
- Continuation Fic: What the series serves to the Legacy of Kain series as a whole. It takes the time to explain many things that were left uncertain by the games, such as how Vorador came Back from the Dead in Blood Omen 2, and the fate of Elzevir the Dollmaker and Willendorf after Kain altered history in the original Blood Omen.
- Continuity Nod: Several in regards to the game series. For example, Kain makes use of many spells and abilities that the games dropped after Blood Omen, such as the Light spell and the Wolf Form.
- Deity of Human Origin: The Divus, the pantheon of the Elder God's Wheel of Fate. All of them were once mortal beings who were granted their status by the Elder; some were human, others were ancient vampires, and at least one was a Hylden.