Qui-Gon: As though thousands of voices cried out in agony and then were suddenly silenced?
Obi-Wan: No. A crossover of some kind.
Qui-Gon: Uh oh.
Larry Boy and the Little Man of Purpleness is a Star Wars/VeggieTales fanfic written by Rogue 1-and-a-half. The story follows Larry Boy and other VeggieTales characters as they travel to the Star Wars universe to help teach the heroes of the New Republic a lesson about arrogance.
Provides examples of:
- An Aesop:QWERTY: Pride goeth before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction.
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Lampshaded and used for comic effect when Air says he will give the heroes a week to come up with a plan to stop him.
- Book-Ends: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan popping in.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens at the end of the trailer:Han: Excuse me as I break character here: To the author: About this dialogue, are you on some form of illegal substance?
Wedge: And could we please have some?
- In context, however, Han's only breaking the fourth wall in a play they're rehearsing.
- Crack Fic
- Meaningful Name: The little purple man is named Air O. Gantz.
- Never Trust a Trailer: Several lines were altered between the trailer and their appearance in the story (including the line under Breaking the Fourth Wall above).
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Jedi are suddenly able to travel between alternate universes in order to explain how the VeggieTales crew got there.
- Script Fic
- Self-Deprecation: This ends up being the way to beat Air O. Gantz.
- Sequel Hook: A little blue man appears at the end and gets Larry to brag about himself.Qui-Gon: I just felt a disturbance in the Force.
Obi-Wan: As though millions of voices cried out in agony and then were suddenly silenced?
Qui-Gon: No, more like a sequel of some kind.
Obi-Wan: Uh oh...