"There is a consequence to every action. Something is stirring in Kazé, and no-one knows what might happen next."
The Fic contains appearances from the following games and films:
This Fan Fic provides examples of:
- Black Cloak: Kazé's now wearing his all the time whilst he travels the universe searching for a cure for The Corruption.
- Conspicuously Light Patch: Lampshaded:It was obvious how to get in one of the circular panes of glass was, bizarrely, a different colour to the others, and had a barely noticeable hole in the centre.
- Continuation: Follows on from Blank Slate.
- Cut The Rope: Anticlimax version; Kazé disables Ratigan's deathtrap by cutting the rope with his Keyblade.
- Evil Laugh: The voice in Kazé's head. To wit:The voice laughed. It was an incredibly high pitched, cutting laugh, of the sort usually reserved for a villain too far on the wrong side of sanity, but even creepier.
- Find the Cure!
- Fuel Meter of Power / Death's Hourglass: Kazé has until The Corruption spreads to his heart to find a way to stop it.
- Hearing Voices
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: A couple for Blank Slate.
- Meaningful Name: Kazé is Japanese for wind. Taifu means Typhoon. Guess which one's the stronger, more destructive version of the other?
- Medium Awareness: Hearing the soundtrack version; Destati (Drammatica) starts up when Taifu first appears.
- Painting the Medium: As before, Kazé talks in italics with his hood up. The voice in his head talks in Bold Italics. Taifu speaks in regular Bold.
- Self-Insert Fic: Since it's a sequel to and uses the Self Insert character from Blank Slate, this is a given.
- Sherlock Scan: True to his inspiration, Basil deconstructs Kazé within seconds of hearing his name."Now that is an interesting contradiction. You have a Japanese name, and yet you have a distinctly Western appearance and speak English with an accent that is anything but. This, combined with the way you're dressed and the item you're carrying..." The stranger indicated Kazé's Keyblade "... raises more questions than it answers, although if I had to make a guess, I'd say you came from another world entirely."
- Shout-Out: Hmmm... A Super-Powered Evil Side coming from The Corruption in a character's arm? Sounds familiar.
- By chapter 3, Kazé has apparently gained the ability to free-run like an Assassin.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Taifu is the manifestation of the Heartless matter in Kazé's body taking control temporarily. Initially, it's not so much evil as simply more destructive and less restrained.
- The Corruption: Heartless matter in Kazé's left arm from his injury on Olympus back in Blank Slate.
- The Drifter: Kazé.
- Trash the Set: Taifu blows the hell out of the inside of Big Ben whilst fighting Ratigan.
- Walking the Earth.