- My name is Shoji. I live in hell.
A Dark Fic by Slash Prower, containing "notes" from different people in the town where the katamari lands. It takes things like the produce mass amounts of Nightmare Fuel. It takes simple things like the area boundary hand, Michiru, and other such things and twists them to produce as much Nightmare Fuel as possible.
It can be found here.
There are two chapters up, Shoji's Notes and Maria's Recording.
This story contains examples of:
- And I Must Scream: The people in the town where the katamari lands are captured, crushed by the weight of the katamari as it rolls, then are taken up, barely alive, to be turned into a star (basically burning alive and never dying). Then they are sent back down to their town, unharmed, only to be rolled back up again. No wonder almost all of them are insane.
- Apocalypse How: If the cult is right, it'll be a Class X-4.
- Apocalyptic Log: Both chapters are seperate logs by Shoji Tachibana and Maria Ingram, respectively.
- Body Horror: What happens to Mitsuru.
- Came Back Wrong: The cat, first off, then eventually most of the town's residents.
- The parents who rioted against the cult are absorbed and come back as Soulless Shells.
- Cosmic Horror Story: What it basically is.
- Creepy Child: Michiru.
- Cult: There's one in the town centered around the katamari. Overlaps with Religion of Evil.
- Dark Fic: One of the darkest.
- Deal with the Devil: Mitsuru makes a deal with the cult so that he could win the sumo match. It doesn't go well...
- Eldritch Abomination: The King. Even his hand appearing at the city limits can cause heart attacks when it suddenly appears.
- Extreme Omnivore: What Mitsuru becomes after making a deal with the cult.
- Fate Worse than Death: It's so bad that Shoji is left hoping for the day when everyone in the town will finally be destroyed forever.
- From Bad to Worse: The katamari only picked up small things at first, but then grew bigger..."It started off small- little things would disappear, things that nobody would miss- mice, little knicknacks around the house, maybe a crayon or two. Some people said that they saw a little ball with a very tiny green man rolling it going across their living room, but they always laughed nervously and shook it off as just a dream or some sort of odd hallucination. If only they had known."
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Simply looking at the King causes people to go insane.
- Mind Rape: What happens to anyone who sees the King.