How To Win Enemies And Influence Ponies is a story in Kudzuhaiku's Weedverse. Daring Do, Rainbow Dash and Tarnished Teapot have finished an adventure, and now get to attend a party in honor of their contributions to archeology.
If only it was that simple.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Daring Do, as in canon.
- Arch-Nemesis: Tarnish apparently has about thirty-six. Exact number depends on whether some of them have Joker Immunity or not.
- Cartoon Bomb: The first (in-universe) sign that something is going to happen is one of these bouncing in the door.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: All three adventurers are quite nonchalant about another attempt to kill them.
- Combat Pragmatist: Tarnish's tendencies in this direction earn him some lectures off Daring Do.
- Friend of Masked Self: The world believes that A.K. Yearling is Daring Do's public relations agent.
- Noodle Incident: This is the second time Tarnish has had a live bomb and no idea what to do with it. Apparently Rainbow Dash saved him that time as well.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Daring Do believes this of her archnemeses' Mooks, and supports a charity trying to rehabilitate them after they encounter her.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Every single one of the henchponies. Even before Tarnish actually hits them.
- Secret Identity: A.K. Yearling is Daring Do.
- Weird Trade Union: There's one for Mooks, due to the direct influence of Tarnish on their insurance premiums.
- Whip It Good: Tarnish uses a bullwhip. Apparently bringing a sword to formal functions gets complaints.
- You Can't Fight Fate: If you've got a cutie mark for being a Mook, you get to be a Mook.