A Naruto fan-fiction written by Gleam.
Repainting the tale of the Tailed Beasts in the vein of a Cosmic Horror Story. Naruto, as a Jinchuriki, is treated as Konoha's "ace in the hole" in the outcome of an inevitable ninja war. This works in theory until Kyuubi starts to take over Naruto's mind and then body. Things just keep going getting worse and worse from there.
He Had No Fingers provides examples of:
- Abandoned Playground: Naruto lives in the newly christened Torture and Interrogation Department.
- The Adjectival Man: Niki-Jiki, the Sunflower Man.
- Alien Geometries: Naruto/Niki-Jiki's hideout.
- Konoha is implied to be completely and utterly screwed with simply because of Dantalion existing.
- And I Must Scream: This happens to everyone.
- Badass Normal: The Hokage. This doesn't keep him from getting assimilated, though.
- And Cardinal, being the only apparent survivor.
- Belly Mouth: Naruto has this. Kakashi learns much, much too late.
- The Blank: Niki-Jiki has a sunflower collar and a completely smooth, featureless face.
- Body and Host: Naruto and Kyuubi. Later degenerates into an Empty Shell.
- Body Horror:
- As the name implies, Kyuubi's chakra is so corrupting Naruto can instantly heal, but as a result the injury ends up covering itself in an armour full of chitin. Naruto is unable to correctly grip a kunai knife by chapter five.
- What happens to Kakashi, which causes Sakura to quit being a ninja altogether.
- Corpse Land: Made out of plants with hundreds of thousands of corpses underneath them. In chapter eight, Naruto is able to reach into foliage and remove a mummified head, perfectly preserved.
- The Corruption: First happens in chapter 4, where 27 kids at the orphanage started puking marbles after they died of some "blight". Later on, this gets to Ms Jaijiro (the matron) and it's not pretty—She's found very skinny, playing with marbles, and starves to death six weeks later
- Naruto gets rotated around the ANBU to keep this from happening.
- Creepy Child: Naruto, and how!
- When the physical manifestation of a demon able to kill people by existing is taken aback by you, you're doing something horribly right.
- Darker and Edgier: Oh, a Jinchuriki-cast-as-eldritch-abomination story? Nothing new, let's see the first chapter- OHMYGOD.
- Demonic Dummy: Niki-Jiki.
- Everybody's Dead, Dave: Jiraiya is in for a rude awakening.
- Ghost City: Happens to Konohagakure.
- Harbinger of Impending Doom: Naruto.
- Humanoid Abomination: And let's leave it at that.
- It Can Think: Played with in a witty and chilling manner.
- Non-Malicious Monster: Naruto, in a way. A lot of what happened with him is mostly out of instinct (like what happened with Kakashi) than anything else.
- Too Dumb to Live:
- That ANBU who insulted Naruto some time in chapter 2 did not make the smartest move on that, as Naruto put a two foot hole in him.
- In chapter three, this get's lampshaded where the narration says, "Naruto loved playing marbles. No one was stupid enough to tell him no."
- In general, getting Naruto upset is not a good idea, even if you don't mean to, as Cardinal learned the hard way. The medics were wondering how she survived getting spirals cut into her head..
There is no greater strangeness than in the heart of your own child.