Video by Djy1991 and Icton Entertainment:
Halo: Halos in Space provides examples of:
- Anticlimax: After everything Joe Chief went through, the plot is resolved because the aliens didn't have feelings.
- Armor Is Useless: Zig-zagged; the helmet human guy's helmet protects him from a needle but he's killed when he gets hit in the heart. Joe Chief's armor may have protected him from the spines, but it's hard to say.
- BFG: Joe Chief's gun in Aliens Attack, which is like a pirate cannon, but smaller and with larger bullets.
- Big Bad: The "boss alien"
- Big "NO!":"NOOOOO HE WAS MY BROTHER!"
- Black Dude Dies First: The Human People Army guy in the first part who fell out and explodd in space.
- Cliffhanger: The second installment ends with Joe Chief trying to enter the alien ship through the closing doors.
- Decapitated Army: One of the humans suggests that if the "boss alien" is killed, the rest will go back to "Alien Town"
- Deflector Shields: Joe Chief uses them to survive a missile attack by an alien ship.
- Do a Barrel Roll: Joe Chief does this with his ship, but unlike most cases, this enables him to avoid, rather than deflect, the lasers.
- The Dragon: The "spines alien."
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Nearly every ally Joe Chief comes across gets killed quite randomly, from getting sucked into space to having a ship skwash them to being shot and killed by a needle gun.
- Elite Mook: The aliens with large heads.
- Explosive Decompression: One of the army guys gets sucked out of the ship and explods in space. Exaggerated in the Garry's Mod adaptation where he blows up into a massive fireball.
- Full-Name Basis: Joe Chief is always referred to as "Joe Chief."
- Gainax Ending: After the epic battle, with Joe Chief trying to reach the alien leader, the plot is resolved because the aliens didn't have feelings.
- Lampshade Hanging: On weapon spawn points.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Joe Chief jumps at the spines alien and lands on its spines, injuring him and causing them to break off. Both respond with "Ow."
- Mr. Exposition: The human with the
helmethelmut spends the vast majority of his time explaining where the boss alien is and why Joe Chief has to kill it.
- No Punctuation Period: Entire paragraphs are often put into one sentence.
- Sapient Ship: The sequel has an alien ship that responds to Joe Chief taunting it by telling him not to laugh at it.
- What Cliffhanger: Joe Chief finds something that seems to guarantee victory at the end of the first part, but it turns out to just be a weapon.
- Your Head A-Splode: Joe chief uses his weapon to blow up the aliens' heads, and later kills the spines alien this way.