A fanfic based on DC Universe Online, in which Brainiac's exobytes were released by the future Lex Luthor, creating thousands of new heroes and villains.
This series provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Lexicon and Sachel call each other "Lexi" and "Angel face". Sachel also calls Monokrome "Krome boy".
- Almost Kiss: Sachel and Monokrome in their civilian identities. Interrupted by a fireball attack. Talk about the Moment Killer.
- And Your Little Dog, Too!: "I hope you said good-bye to your roommate this morning."
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Beelzebub wants to emotionally destroy Sachel before killing her.
- Break Them by Talking: See above. And he did pretty well too.
- Character Title: "Grey Area" is one of Monokrome's nicknames.
- Cycle of Revenge: Let's just say Sachel did something she regretted a lot about a long, long time ago.
- Dressed in Layers: Sachel/Kristin and Monokrome/Richard wear their uniform under their civilian cloths.
- Empathic Environment: Sachel was having a pretty bad day when it started to rain.
- Dark Is Not Evil: All three heroes have a black outfit, couple with some white for Monokrome, green for Lexicon, and red for Sachel.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Batman, but Monokrome is completely fine with one as long as Batman is not looking, as he is an ex-cop.
- The Empath: Beelzebub is a seriously evil version.
- Female Angel, Male Demon: Sachel and Beelzebub. Although Beelzebub may or may not be a human deluded into thinking he is a demon.
- For the Evulz: Beelzebub attempted to kill Sachel just cause. Didn't help that he found out she was an angel.
- In the Back: Beelzebub tried to snipe Sachel from behind.
- Kill 'Em All: All the original characters dies, except Monokrome.
- Noodle Incident: Lexicon was going to a "first date", and Sachel slyly suggest that she should leave the apartment they share together for the night. Good guess...
Sachel: Do I need to remind you of the stakeout at the Metrodome?
Lexicon: Shut up.
- Not So Different: When Beelzebub tries to break Sachel by talking.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Beelzebub's reasoning behind his vendetta against Sachel for crimes committed thousands of years ago.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Sachel calls Bane a "sexist bastard".
- Sarcasm Mode: When Lexicon stole and hid Sachel's gear so she could heal.
Oh, nothing important, Sachel said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, Just my coat, my wings, and my weapons. Its not like I can't do my job without them.
- Secret Identity: Monokrome's is mentioned. He told no one except Gordon, not even Sachel or Batman, but he thinks the latter has a pretty good idea, being the world's greatest detective. He also suspects that Sachel has been following him. Sachel later uses his real name to address him like it is no secret.