It is an AU of Teen Wolf Season 3a Episode 8 "Visionary". The Beacon Hills pack realize that they have trouble keeping up with Deucalion's Machiavellian schemes. But luckily Cora knows a magical ritual that will allow them to glimpse the future and stay a step ahead of the Demon Wolf and his merry band of Alphas.
The ritual comes with a few side effects though. Including such winners as "Evisceration. Flaying of flesh. Sexually transmitted diseases. Time travel. Castration". As anyone would guess, the ritual does backfire and Stiles is the one it happens too.
Everyone knows when you go back in time, you shouldn't step on an ant, just in case you accidentally kill your own grandparent or something. But what happens when you go back in time and, uh, accidentally interrupt the one event that apparently made the Grumpiest Alpha in Town into a ball of mindless manpain?
Well, if Marty McFly can do it, so can Stiles Stilinski. All he has to do is get Derek and Paige to fall in love before he gets pulled back to his own time. And before he makes anything worse. That's easy as pie, right? Right?
Fly A Little faster contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Stiles poses as his father's nephew and his own cousin on the run from his abusive father. The knife injury he acquired in the future helps his story.
- Adorkable: Stiles is true to his characterization, losing his balance all over the place and wearing T-shirts praising science.
- All There in the Manual: The author wrote the fic within three days of the Visionary episode being aired, so there are a few gaps in the narrative. But in the comments everything unclear is revealed.
- Angst: Stiles is growing fond of the past living Hales and he knows exactly what will happen to them. But to keep the timeline stable and to prevent a worse tragedy he has to keep his mouth shut. Poor Talia also sees how Stiles looks at her family like they are ghosts and is unable to do anything about it. In fact when Stiles almost breaks down she is the one that has to keep him quiet. She does take some consolation on the fact that Stiles knows Cora's name before being introduced to her.
- Cool Big Bro: Stiles to his younger self.
- Cool Big Sis: Laura Hale, to both Derek and Stiles.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: It might be a stretch to call Derek crazy, but his casual disdain for Paige balloons into intense dislike the more Stiles talks about her.
- Generation Xerox: Sheriff Stilinski assumes this because both cousin-Stiles and Stiles-Stiles get a thing for Derek.
- Grand Romantic Gesture: Apparently the Beacon Hills teenagers of Derek's generation consider making a personalized CD from scratch for someone a grand romantic gesture. Paige at least thinks so and bluntly states that it means that Derek is in love with Stiles.
- Love at First Sight: Happens to Derek.Toward timetraveling Stiles.
- Oblivious to Love: Stiles. Big time. Derek practically feels him up all over in one scene and it does not even cross Stile's mind that there might be some attraction there.
- Meet Cute: Derek and Future Stiles first met when the later crashes in the boy's locker room in the middle of a panic attack. Derek helps him through it. Their second meeting it quite cute too, Stiles trips in the hallway and falls over, interrupting Derek's and Paige's own Meet Cute.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: How Stiles describes Laura Hale and Paige.
- Little Red Riding Hood: The Sheriff gets Stiles a red coat with a hoodie. Derek of course finds the choice of apparel hilarious.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Talia Hale and Sheriff Stilinski.
- Shipper on Deck: Stiles does is very best to try and set Derek and Paige together. Much to the annoyance of Paige and the ire of Derek.
- Shout-Out: To Doctor Who when Talia remarks that casting the ritual sounds like Laura, Stiles has to sadly say, "Spoilers".
- Spanner in the Works: Stiles gets in the way of Derek and Paige's Meet Cute.
- Stable Time Loop: Deaton strongly impresses on Stiles that he has to keep the timeline stable. Still, Stiles did not have accurate info on the events. But it seems like the timeline stayed the way it was despite Stiles' meddling.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Derek is already tall and handsome as Stiles notes.
- Unreliable Narrator: Peter Hale. Although he seemed not to have realized that Derek's first love was not Paige.
- You Already Changed the Past: The reader notices that the timeline is going the way it ought to, even if Stiles does not and panics over it. Stiles himself seems to realize it in the end.