The plot basically is the plot line of Thousand Year Door, but with the added twist that the kids of the cul-de-sac all got transported into Mario's dimension and need to find a way back. Focusing mainly on Edd, the story generally does a fine job retelling the events of Thousand Year Door while incorporating the Eds. The author is certainly imaginative, although unexperienced in writing.
The downfall of the series, unfortunately, is the writing itself. The author admits to being a first time writer, and this definitely shows constantly. Nearly every paragraph is one sentence, there is almost no description (though this is forgivable, considering it's an adaption of a game the reader is presumed to have played), and some of the authors original plot points seem a bit... cliched, to put it simply. The result is an uneven story that is surprisingly good, but not great. It was good enough to make a genre out of "The cast of Ed, Edd n Eddy Trapped in Another World" Crossovers
There was a sequel made, and a prequel based on Paper Mario 64. Both are currently on Hiatus. Because of this, please add only tropes that define the first fanfic.
The story has been deleted from it's original page however you can still view it here.
This page seriously Needs Wiki Magic Love.
This Fanfic Provides Examples Of...
- Adapted Out: No Bowser here. No Kammy either.
- Adaptation Expansion: Notably expands on the mythos and story of the original game, and ties it in to the Ed's world via Rolf.
- Adaptational Villainy: Beldam is much more cruel in this version, lacking all of her game counterparts senility and replacing it with pure malice.
- Character Development: Everyone, at some point. Most notably Edd.
- Darker and Edgier: The fic is a lot less comedic than the game. Case in point, Lord Crump is killed in an explosion here (as opposed to simply getting blown away and surviving comedically)
- Fan Sequel: Super Edventure Tale of the Prognosticus, created by the author of Ed Abuse.
- Follow the Leader: Several authors have made crossovers whose original idea came from this story, such as Paper Mario Eds.
- What If?: Recursive Fanfiction As This Train Goes answers the questions "What if Sarah was the legendary hero?" and "What if Edd and the others weren't charged with collecting the crystal stars?"
- Ed Underground by Shelby the Hedgehog didn't just take inspiration from this story, it feels like it copied the story at certain points.
- There's also ''"Super Total Drama Edventure Z"'' which "combines and lampoons all the cliches, overused plots, and typical EEnE stories" and notably parodies this fic for it's first chapter.