Dancing With My Punchlines is a The Silmarillion fanfic by LiveOakWithMoss.
An AU fic set in the modern day, it mainly follows the sons of Feanor through their relationship drama, of which there is a lot. Maedhros is stuck in a job he hates, and is still trying to hide his relationship with Fingon from his father. Maglor is a musician looking for his big break. Celegorm is a jock who still hasn't moved on from a painful break-up. Caranthir is a moody college student, Curufin is an asshole and the twins are rebellious teenagers.
This fic provides examples of:
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: Between Curufin and Finrod.
- Kissing Cousins: Maedhros and Fingon, even if they're only step-cousins. Also Finrod and Caranthir, and later Finrod and Curufin.
- Lethal Chef: Well, more like lethal chefs, Maedhros doesn't trust Amrod and Amras with a stove, after the one time they tried to make breakfast.Amras: Dad said the fumes werent even toxic.
- Manly Gay: Ecthelion, who is a cadet in the military, and Orome, a former international rugby player.
- Really Gets Around: At the start of the fic Finrod is dating Amarie, and by the end has also been with Caranthir and Curufin.
- Ridiculously Average Guy: Caranthir views himself as this compared to his brothers.Caranthir:Im not particularly easy to talk to, Im not nice or interesting, or that good at anything, and everyone knows Im the ugly one.
- Trickster Twins: Amrod and Amras.
- Wine Is Classy: Lampshaded by Aredhel in Chapter 12.Aredhel: I am not a drunk. I am classy. I am like a European type thing. I am drinking wine, nerds, not your plerbian plebiran peasant-ass beer. I am a fuckin class-act.