Linda and Candace remember the former's first husband all too well and not too fondly. But when William's life falls apart, he decides to take back what's his...whether they want it or not.
Capturing the Past is a story about what happens when your past collides with your present in the worst possible way.
"Capturing the Past" contains examples of:"
- Abusive Parents: William who physically attacks Phineas when it appears Ferb has escaped, leaving painful bruises and a heavily disillusioned and scared Phineas. He also later attempts to shoot the kids, targeting Candace in his anger.
- Bad Dreams: All 3 of the Flynn-Fletcher siblings have them after the ordeal with William.
- Glorified Sperm Donor: Stacy frankly calls William this when Candace struggles to figure out what to call the man when explaining Phineas and Ferb's kidnapping.
- Happily Adopted: Made official legally at the end for the Flynn-Fletcher siblings
- Sibling Protective Instinct: Demonstrated repeatedly throughout the story by Ferb, Phineas and Candace.
- Taking the Bullet: A literal but fortunately non-fatal version is performed by Jeremy, jumping in front of Candace when William's gun goes off.
- Wrong Name Outburst: How William's cheating was confirmed to Linda.
- Yandere: William.
- Your Cheating Heart: William cheated on Linda at least once, resulting in their divorce.