The original work can be found here.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Adaptational Heroism: In this fic, Bowser does nothing wrong besides having some anger issues. In canon, he's a Card-Carrying Villain. Of course, he doesn't do much in the way of good deeds, preventing this from being a case of Draco in Leather Pants.
- Adaptational Villainy: Implied by Mario associating primarily with villains, as well as the narration claiming that trouble was brewing before cutting to Mario and the villains.
- Artistic License Geography: The resort Wet Bowser goes to is off the coast of Costa Rica in Mexico. For the unfamiliar, Costa Rica and Mexico are separate countries.
- Insistent Terminology: From the narration. For most of the story, Bowser is referred to as "Wet Bowser." In case people would think the author was talking about Dry Bowser.
- Large Ham: Dry Bowser (King of the Mangroves). And later, the mangroves themselves.
- No-Sell: Joel is commanded by the mangroves to kill his friends and dump them into the aforementioned mangroves. He completely ignores this and goes about his day.
- Reading the Stage Directions Out Loud: A couple of characters end up doing this.CheAtSy: eavesdropping Vacation, huh?Wet Bowser: begrudgeingly Uggh......
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Surprisingly light on this, given the quality, but it does pop up in a few places.
- Telepathy: The mangroves seem to try to use this to make Joel kill his friends. Joel ignores it.
- You Are Fat: On the plane, Rosalina is told that she's overweight, and that that's why the plane's not taking off. Possibly a reference to her being a large racer in Mario Kart Wii.