When billionaire Bill Cipher seems to be getting away with murder, P.I. Stanford Pines sends his nephew Detective Dipper Pines under cover to a club that is owned by Bill, where occasionally people that go in, never come out. Dipper finds more than he ever thought he would, and becomes involved in the world of demons, whether he likes it or not.
The story is an Alternate Universe involving Bill/Dipper pairing.
There is a sequel Internal Affairs
Tropes featured in Blood Bath include:
- Adaptational Heroism: Justified for Bill. because though he is a demon this latter is in a human body. note Canon!Bill never had such feelings toward anyone. Despite this, Bill isn't still above cruelty and is still as ruthless as his canon counterpart.
- Ambition Is Evil: Bill wishes to rule the world and enslaving human race.
- Asshole Victim: Dipper's first victim planned to kill him.
- Ax-Crazy: Demons are all a bit this, the exception being Filly and to a lesser extent Bill.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Dipper, becoming a demon after Bill's cure
- Badass Family: Dipper, Mabel and Ford.
- Back from the Dead: More or less in the sequel Bill comes back in Dipper's dreams. He is planning to return for good.
- Benevolent Boss: Ford. He is extremely concerned about Dipper's wellbeing and cares deeply for the others members of his team. Contrasts with Bill who is mostly a Bad Boss.
- Berserk Button: If you ever call Bill soft or if you ever touch Dipper, nobody will save you.
- Big Brother Instinct: Similar to his canon counterpart, you will never harm Mabel even if you are a demon. And because Dipper is also a demon.
- Bi the Way: According to Pacifica, Dipper is.
- Bittersweet Ending: Bill dies after being defeated by stronger demons. The world is saved from his domination and Dipper is free. However, Dipper is still a demon and can't turn into a human again. The sad part is that while Dipper originally planned to destroy Bill to save the world, he loves him and his death really affects him.
- Can't Kill You, Still Need You: As Dipper is used as a fake boyfriend around medias, Bill can't eat him because it would be suspicious if Dipper suddenly disappears.
- The Confidant: Mabel to Dipper.
- The Dreaded: Bill, for good reasons.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Bill.
- Evil Feels Good: Bill and others demon just enjoy eating humans and taking over the world.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Bill had a twin before becoming a demon. In the sequel, it is revealed that the twin is Justin, Dipper's new colleague. Dipper and Filly can also count even though they resent him.
- Famous Last Words: Bill: "I'm sorry."
- Humanoid Abomination: Bill Cipher and his fellow demons.
- I Ate WHAT?!: Dipper is always afraid whenever Bill cooks. With good reason, mind you, considering the whole "eats human flesh" thing.
- Interspecies Romance: At last, between Bill and Dipper. Kinda subverted when Dipper becomes half-demon.
- Kick the Dog: At the beginning it was his treatment of Dipper. However, Bill's real Kick the Dog moment was the Round game where he used innocent humans to play a Deadly Game with the others demons. For Dipper, it was Bill's Moral Event Horizon in-universe.
- Papa Wolf: Ford to both Dipper and Mabel.
- Lima Syndrome: In his own way, Bill gradually falls for Dipper through the story.
- Love Redeems: Bill Cipher's human side comes to genuinely love Dipper. His demon side too, in his own way. He even begins to reconsiderate his world domination. But before Dipper can ask him, Bill dies.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Sorta subverted in the sequel. Bill doesn't like the idea of his lover Dipper dating Justin because he is his twin.
- Our Demons Are Different
- Photo Op with the Dog: Being a billionaire, Bill always tries to keep a good image of himself. It implies helping cops, donating to charity and of course, using Dipper as a fake boyfriend around medias. Of course, it is just an act to hide his evil plans of world domination.
- Redemption Equals Death: Bill in the final chapter.
- Relationship Upgrade: Bill and Dipper from master and pet to boyfriends and fiancees.
- Serial Killer: Bill is suspected to be one at first. Turns out he's something much worse...
- Shoot the Dog: As a half-demon, Dipper is forced to eat people to appease his hunger or else he might attack his family. Bill even points out that it is the best solution as he would explode from all his new demonic powers.
- The Sociopath: Sorta. Bill makes it clear to Dipper that his demon's side can't really love the way humans do. The closest the demon's side could to love is lust and possession. Though Bill admits later that his demon's side would miss him if he left.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Invoked by Ford and Mabel. Dipper denies it.
- To Serve Man: Lampshaded. When Dipper sees Bill's associates eating human flesh for the first time in chapter one, his immediate thought is cannibalism. Bill's response is Oh, little Pine Tree. Youd have to be the same species for it to count as cannibalism.
- Undercover as Lovers: Bill and Dipper act like boyfriends around people. Later, they truly become boyfriends.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Bill. The only exception was when Bill made the mistake of openly using Dipper as his pet. However it got better quickly.
- Villainous Friendship: Bill and Filly. He respect her and is kind to her.
- Wham Line: From chapter one, after Dipper finds out that one of Bill's associates eats the guests who come to his club...Dipper: That's cannibalism.
Bill: Oh, little Pine Tree. Youd have to be the same species for it to count as cannibalism.