The short presentation gained astounding popularity as it was first posted in one of the Ruby Quest threads. Since then, the Angry Marine's variation has been recurringly posted by anonymous /tg/ in multiple threads and has also spread across the lower regions of the net.
(This page could use some clean up and Wiki Magic)
This work has examples of:
- Action Girl: This version of Ruby is not to be fucked with.
- Action Girlfriend: As a result of the Angry Marine taking over the story, Ruby steamrolls through the story, rescues Tom, kills a shark with one punch, and escapes with Tom to the moon.
- Affectionate Parody: Of Weaver's Ruby Quest.
- Babies Ever After: Ruby and Tom wind up having a billion babies as part of their new life on the moon.
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: The GM wisely doesn't question how Ruby and Tom can survive on the moon.
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: How did Ruby and Tom avoid drowning during their escape? "They're guided by the Emperor! All things are possible by him!"
- Cluster F-Bomb: Since the player is an Angry Marine, natch.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ruby "fucks up a pussy-ass shark."
- Cutting the Knot: This trope essentially describes the entire thing. But, to name one certain example:Tom warns you-What FUCKING NOW TOMThe door!
It's a hatch.
We're underwater!Ruby fucks the door's shit up.
- Dungeon Bypass: We're not sure how, but Ruby goes straight from her box to Tom's cell. It's entirely possible she punched her way there.
- The Heretic: The narrator is accused of being such when he questioned the omnipotence of the Emperor.
- Irony: Ruby escapes to the moon.
- Mood Dissonance: The last panel: Ruby and Tom are living happily on the moon, as Earth is bathed in fire.
- Off the Rails: "You fucker. I'm taking control of this shit."
- Oh, Crap!: Tom's face when Ruby smashes through the ceiling.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: The delivery of Tom's rescue in the video version.Ruby finds Tom.
RUBY. FINDS. TOM.
- Rage Breaking Point: The Angry Marine, rather appropriately, experiences this right at the start upon learning that Ruby was in a box.
- Railroading: Goes beyond Off the Rails to full-on reverse Railroading, with player shouting down the GM's protests.
- Recursive Fanfiction: Duh.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The shithole Ruby and Tom escape from explodes behind them for no real reason.
- Tempting Fate: "I'd better not be in a fucking box."
- Threatening Shark: Invoked when the narrator protests that Ruby's escape can't be a simple swim to freedom. Ruby is unimpressed.
- Unstoppable Rage: Ruby is enraged, and nothing - not dangerous wildlife, not the plot, not the laws of physics - is going to stop her.
- Violently Protective Girlfriend: It bares repeating: Ruby killed a shark with one punch.
- Wake-Up Fighting: Ruby's reaction to waking up in a dark place? "Start punching. Everywhere!"
- Watch the World Die: Ruby and Tom chill out on the moon while the world burns in cleansing fire. Then their billion babies reclaim the planet for the Emperor.
- Xenafication: Parodied with Ruby herself. Note that the original work repeatedly brings up her "girlish figure". Not so much here.