Airduct Anecdotes Anthology, located here, is a series of Dead Rising one-shot fics and sketches, varying in genre (generally comedic, though there are plenty of sketches that take a darker turn) and protagonist - there are chapters about Frank West, yes, but even more delve into the activities of the Psychopaths and the Survivors during and even before the game.
A must-read for any Dead Rising fan starving for decent fanworks. The frequency of its updates can't be given (since the Dead Rising fandom isn't exactly a bustling one, we may not be getting any more), but it's very well-written and an interesting expansion on the game's intriguing cast who arguably upstaged the zombies even without the background.
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- Alliterative Title: The fic itself is an example, as are several chapter titles (Agony of Adamac, The Craving of Crabbe, Troublesome Tompkinseseses, Blinded By Blood, Absconding from Adolescent Aaron, Alliance of the Alyssas, among others).
- Artistic License: Surprisingly, mostly averted, or at least never abused. Characters are built off but not changed, with the exception of the Hall Brothers and maybe Paul Carson, who are aged down - which actually makes sense.
- Ascended Extra: Most everyone.
- Crossover: Alyssa Ashcroft and the occasional S.T.A.R.S. member make appearances, and A Mason Affair has a load of fun with names. Cheryl Jones is that Cheryl, and Brock Mason is a relative.
- Dogged Nice Guy: James to Sophie.
- Drunken Master: Cletus.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Burt Thompson and Aaron Swoop, Jolie Wu and Rachel.
- Friendly Sniper: Jack Hall turns into one whenever the other "Willamettan Wise Men" are involved.
- Lampshade Hanging: Cooking Mindy Baker does this jokingly about Frank's extradimensional inventory space, ability to heal from bite wounds to the jugular by taking a swig of coffee creamer, and Otis's inconvenient calls all in one chapter.
- Letter Motif:
- In Willamettan Wise Men - the titular characters of the chapter, so dubbed by Cletus, are James, Jonathan, and Jack.
- "Three C-Psychos" in Star Walsh (Cletus, Cliff, and "Clown").
- MayDecember Romance: Sophie Richards is an assistant to deaf-mute Sid Carmack, who is definitely significantly older than she is, and likes him on a non-professional level to James's dismay.
- Mood Whiplash: Troublesome Tompkinseseses and Blinded By Blood are each sandwiched between some of the more fun sketches.
- Odd Couple: Mindy Baker and Paul Carson as of Cooking Mindy Baker, though in a platonic sense.
- Parody Episode: Star Walsh and Small Chain Saw.
- Running Gag: "GRAAACE!" Manipulations of the word "Pachamama" also show up more than once.
- Shout-Out: After a contact lense slips and he readjusts it, Jack reads a poster on the wall of a CD store to check his vision. It's for an album by one Cynthia Stone, who he recalls having met an early demise by Thinker-shaped clock.
- Those Two Guys: Yuu and Shinji, Pamela and Heather, Mindy and Debbie.