"After the Fall" by Edhla is an AU to the events of the BBC series Sherlock, taking place after "The Reichenbach Fall." The FF.n summary is as follows: "Sherlock, lying low from Moriarty's network, is forced to rely on Mycroft. Molly finds love; John finds love that he isn't afraid of. Lestrade is faced with a series of shocking murders; he also faces a nasty divorce and struggles to reconnect with his teenage children."
"After the Fall" provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: In the space of time between seasons, this story starts off a series of stories that document one way Series 3 could go.
- British Weather: To be expected, but shows the dark, grieving characters disturbingly well.
- Faking the Dead: Referenced after the fact. The infamous Reichenbach Fall.
- Grave Humor: Lampshaded with Mrs. Hudson's festive decorations on Sherlock's gravestone. He'd be appalled...
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Molly has gone from That Girl in the Morgue to the one who was able to help Sherlock fake his suicide. Her assistance was invaluable, and she does it very well. And now that her work is done, she's still bound and determined...
- Sherlock Scan: Naturally, as it's a Sherlock fic.
- Sequel Hook: All is not as well as it seems. The first in a series.