Tom Riddle takes a mysterious artifact from an apparently mad wizard, and finds himself jumping through time whenever he touches it. He accidentally takes Hermione with him on one of said jumps, and they have to work together to get back to their own times.
Contains examples of:
- Bad Future / The Unmasqued World: The future, partly thanks to the time travellers but mostly thanks to Bansherwold. It gets slightly better after Older!Bansherwold is killed.
- Been There, Shaped History: Or, in this case, "Been There, Shaped the Future". Tom and Hermione appear out of nowhere in front of a crowd, revealing the existence of the Wizarding world.
- Big Bad: Bansherwold. Maybe.
- The Chessmaster: Bansherwold.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hermione and Tom, while discussing Bansherwold's "lost love".Hermione: Maybe his lost love is you.Tom: I highly doubt that, unless you think it's a standard way of expressing affection to lock someone in solitary confinement for a year.
- Futureshadowing: Thanks to the Timeglass.
- Help Yourself in the Future: Played with; Tom and Hermione meet Hermione's future self shortly before she's murdered, but Future!Hermione isn't much help.
- The Older! and Younger!Bansherwolds are another example. They work together to force Tom and Hermione to do exactly what they want.
- Killing Your Alternate Self: Younger!Bansherwold does this to his older self. Or does he?
- Obfuscating Insanity: Bansherwold isn't as insane as he seems.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Between Tom and Hermione.
- Third-Person Person: Bansherwold while pretending to be insane.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Older!Bansherwold pulls this to turn the Muggles against the wizards.