Gravity Falls The Movie Fanfic: Across the Second Dimension is Fanfic inspired by Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension. It is written by Fan Fiction Dot Net users Exotos135 and Galaxina-The-Seedrian.
Old Man McGucket has invented a machine that can go through dimensions, and Mabel and Dipper soon get mixed in the trouble, can Mabel, Dipper and everybody they love, and hate, escape the 2nd dimension alive?
The Fic is more or less like Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension, except for minor changes and characters replaced with Gravity Falls characters.
Was followed by a sequel titled Return to the 2nd Dimension: The Gucket Strikes Back!, which is based on the (as of this writting) unreleased "Back to the 2nd Dimension" episode.
There's a YMMV page in progress and the fic can be found here in Fanfiction.net.
Across the Trope Dimension:
- Action Girl: On the 1st dimension side: Grenda, Mabel, Wendy and Candy. Pacifica is debatable.
- On the 2nd dimension side: Wendy-2, Mabel-2 (later on), Grenda-2, practically all the female resistance members.
- Adult Fear: With Blubbsbots and Durloids patrolling everywhere, and adults being more or less useless in the dimension (bar some exceptions), Old Man McGucket-2 dystopian empire might be just as bad as Doof's-2.
- Adults Are Useless: Played with. As mentioned above the second dimensions adults, minus Soos-2, are useless. But in the Robo-Armageddon, Stan, Soos, Manly Dan, Blendin Blandin, The Cute Biker and more adults participate and do a decent job.
- Not to mention that Stan-2 is the one who gives the order to put McGucket-2 under arrest.
- Alternate Universe Reed Richards Is Awesome: Most of the characters of the 2nd dimension, though it takes Dipper-2 and Mabel-2 sometime before they are this.
- Alternate Universe: True to the movie, They go trought a lot of these.
- Anvil on Head: Played straight with a Blubbsbot and Durloid in chapter 6, literally with the Blubbsbot.
- Double Subverted with Pigborg, it looks like the Blubbsbot and Durloid is gonna fall on top of him, but they miss. He's then hit by a bus.
- Arson Murderand Jaywalking: When Waddles is revealed to be a secret agent, Mabel's upset because she thought Waddles only used them as cover, the fact he could have stopped Mabel and Dipper from helping McGucket but didn't, and the fact that he could have cleaned all of his "duties" himself.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Definitely played straight with both Wendy-2 and Pigborg. Averted with the Blubbsbots and Durloids.
- Autobots, Rock Out!: Unavoidable, considering the source. Robbie and his band play "Robo-Armageddon" during the eponymous battle.
- Badass Adorable: Mabel and Dipper, Mabel ripped off the head of a Durloid with her grappling hook and Dipper shoot Pigborg straight!
- Badass in Distress: Wendy-2 becomes this when she's captured by McGucket-2 while saving the first dimension counterparts of Mabel, Dipper and everybody else.
- Being Unable To Communicate Kill: Just like Phineas, Mabel probably could have gone a lot easier if she knew the consequences of discovering Waddles secret.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Mabel really couldn't let it go when she found out Waddles was a secret agent.
- Big Bad: Old Man McGucket-2.
- Big Bad Wannabe: Old Man McGucket.
- Big Damn Heroes: Let's count them:
- Chapter 16: Robbie-2, Dipper-2 and Mabel-2 breaking Wendy-2 out of prison.
- Chapter 13: Wendy-2 saving Mabel, Dipper, Waddles and everybody else from their doom.
- Chapter 17: Waddles coming to the aid of his fellow agents, followed by Mabel and Dipper coming to his aid, then followed by half of the Gravity Falls Population and then, thought offscreen, the 2nd dimension selves coming to their aid.
- Chapter 18: Dipper-2 and Mabel-2 arriving just in time before Old Man McGucket-2 hit Mabel with the Milk Blaster.
- Dipper using his slingshot right after Waddles used "the knocker" so that Dipper could aim at Pigborg's Shoulder Cannon.
- Chapter 10: Grenda-2 saving Mabel, Dipper, their 2nd dimension selfs and the others from a Blubbsbot and Durloid.
- At the very, very end, Old Man McGucket.
- Big Damn Movie: Well, fanfic,  but it's based on one.
- Big Sister Instinct: Wendy-2, thought Mabel and Dipper aren't part of her biological family, she considers them and Soos-2 to be the only family she has left.
- And just like Candace-2, it's taken to the point of a deconstruction, but with more people involved. And like Candace-2, she comes back for them once Mabel-2 and Diper-2 are safe.
- Waddles also has a Big Brother Instinct, just ask Pigborg.
- Comically Serious: Pigborg.
- Continuity Cavalcade: From minor to major to making a giant army of continuity to fight against the Blubbsbot and Durloids!
- Darker and Edgier: Technically, it Isn't nearly as dark as the show of Gravity Falls, but some parts come close.
- Robot Me: The Blubbsbots and Durloids are this for , respectively, Blubbs and Durland.
- Slasher Smile: Pigborg flashes one when Wendy-2 separates the cart the 1st dimension people are in so that she and the members of resistance can escape, causing them to get captured by the Blubbsbots and Durloids.
- Whole Plot Reference: Guess.
The sequel, Return to the 2nd Dimension: The Gucket Strikes Back!, contains examples of:
- Baitand Switch: An arm that looks like it belongs to Soos-2 appears during the trap setup for the ambush. Once everything's over, It's revealed that It's actually Robbie-2 using a fake arm.
- Continuity Nod: A few.
- Darkand Troubled Past: Implied or Invoked for Wendy-2.
- HeelFace Turn: A minor one involving a pair of deactivated Blubbsbot and Durloid. it doesn't last.
- Also applies to the animal and monsterborgs.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Robbie-2 initialy acts much like his 1st dimension counterpart, but he's still with the resistance. Then, when the ambush is over, he goes to see Dipper-2, Mabel-2 and Pigborg's plan, apparently wanting to ruin it. Supported further when he appears in Lazy Susan-2's penthouse to arrest Wendy-2 and Mabel-2. Then he releases them with the help of Dipper-2.THEN, just as the Guckets are fleeing, he incapacitates the reformed animal and monsterborgs using a boombox and, after being shortly stopped by Wendy-2, he hits her hard enough so that she's stunned, allowing him to flee with the Guckets to help with them with their plans.
- Nervesof Steel: After being roared by a giant robot gremgoblin, Dpper-2 simply face slaps him strong enough to make him whine.
- Odd Friendship: Sure: they might have the common goal of protecting Gravity Falls from evil, and the fact that they were oppressed most of their lives means that the two share at least some pain. But that doesn't change the fact that Mabel-2 and Pacifica-2 being friends is extremely odd.
- Time Skip:Wendy-2: September 17, 2 months since the Dipper and Mabel from the 1st Dimension helped free Gravity Falls from Old Man McGucket's control.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Turns out Pigborg was not the only animal roboticized...
- This looks like it has happen to Dipper-2, but It's actually part of the twins plan.