Ace Defectives is a fanfic written by Extra Saber, aka Risetteer. Taking place midway through Persona 3, it follows Yukari Takeba and Junpei Iori's attempts to solve a mystery... who ate Yukari's pudding. A daft, silly, humorous series of mishaps and detective madness follow, as the two Ace Defectives are on the case! A funny read with some genuine good jabs towards P3's characters and setting, in good humor.
Tropes associated with Ace Defectives
- Big Eater: Another trait of the fic's Minato.
- Big Entrance: As part of their big reveal, Junpei and Yukari gather everyone in the command room before blowing up the door with fireworks and emerging from the smoke in fancy-ish outfits. No one is impressed.Mitsuru: I do hope you realize you just violated our fire code to an extreme degree.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: This fic's Minato is definitely this when not Social Linking or in Tartarus.
- Comical Overreacting: There's no reason to set up a crime scene with police tape and a chalk outline for stolen pudding. Yet, our two Ace Defectives do it anyway.
- The culprit does the same, as they cover their tracks with perfume and then try to make it seem like there was no theft in the first place.
- Credits Gag: All three chapters list the members of S.E.E.S. present in the fic, with chapters 2 and 3 giving them embarrassing nicknames.
- Epic Fail: Junpei's conclusion? Ken did it, because kids love sugar. Yukari's conclusion? Fuuka did it, because she was startled when they used Aigis to blow up her door. Both of them are wrong.
- Foreshadowing: Honestly, the biggest clue was the pretentiously French perfumes used to prevent Koromaru from sniffing out the culprit.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Aigis pretty much does all the work for the Ace Defectives. In fact, the only thing preventing her from revealing the culprit was because the culprit told her not to say anything.
- Override Command: What ends up giving the culprit away. Aigis is programmed to follow Mitsuru's orders, but considers Minato's to be a higher priority than hers. So when Minato decides to ask SEES who did it, Aigis bluntly answers.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Fuuka seems to go through this procedure every day if her appearance on her lazy days are to go by.
- Ship Tease: Like in the game's canon, Yukari gets rather red-faced in front of Minato.
- Stalker with a Crush: Aigis makes no secret of this, much to Minato's discomfort and Yukari's ire.Aigis: Minato-san awoke from his slumber at approximately 12:42pm. He did not bother to get dressed, instead opting to view the Phoenix Ragner Featherman R marathon showing on TV, evidently for build-up to the upcoming feature film. He had saved rations for this event in the mini-fridge in the room, and has not left the room since. His temperature is at 37.1°C—
- Sweet Tooth: Junpei accuses Ken of having this, as he's a kid, and 'kids do stupid shit for sugar'.
- Wrongly Accused: Yukari does this a lot to every S.E.E.S. member.