- Ringo Oginome is a very cute girl, indeed, but seeing her in a black negligee when she's about to rape a completely drugged and defenseless Tabuki so she can be the mom of his child in episode 8 is all but ACK. It's not much better in episode 11, when she's seen wearing a rather nice dress — and then she gets Tabuki to "love" her via a Love Potion, but backs off the sex deal... and the guy is so Not Himself that he starts making really creepy Nightmare Faces while he tries to drag her back inside the room she has just left, almost surely to rape her. Um, no.
- Episode 14 takes the cake. Two cute girls ( Yuri and Ringo) bonding and spending a whole day together in an onsen? Oh yes, please. A mentally-broken Yuri drugging up Ringo, stripping both of them naked and then trying to rape her, while mentally repeating how much she hates herself due to her body issues and loneliness and the camera gives the viewer a whole tour of the drugged-up and surprisingly well-endowed Ringo's body? Whaaaaaaat?!
- Episode 15 has a quite bit of it, what with all the nudity of a young girl like a not-older-than-8 Yuri who is about to be heavily scarred and possibly raped by her father.
- The ending card for episode 17 features a very handsome-looking Tabuki, with his shirt open and his glasses off. The bad thing? He's actually leaning his head on the lap of a little girl. And while we don't see her face, the little girl is pretty obviously the long-deceased Momoka. AWKWARD.
- Similarly, the second OP includes an I Kiss Your Foot scene where Tabuki is seen kissing Momoka's tiny, Mary-Jane pump-clad foot. And this is after the viewers are fooled into thinking he's gonna kiss Yuri's foot. It Makes Sense in Context, but it's still AWKWARD.
- In episode 23, Kanba goes towards Shouma and hugs him rather tightly, saying he has always wanted to do so.◊ Looks like Ho Yay unleaded, huh? Not when this happens after Kanba's FaceHeel Turn and when Kanba knocks out Shouma to take Himari away.
Fan Disservice / Mawaru-Penguindrum