Epic Fails in animated movies.
- As Caesar's fleet approaches Britain in the opening of Asterix in Britain, a signalman gets mad at a very annoying seagull and starts waving his signal flags wildly trying to get rid of it. What follows is the accidental self-destruction of a large chunk of the fleet as well as a Facepalm from Caesar accompanied by an exasperated "I came, I saw, and I don't believe my eyes."
- The Flaming Death scene from A Bug's Life was such an epic fail for the circus bugs that P.T Flea fired them all. Inverted when it turns out that the audience loved the act for the comedy.
- Brother Bear:Rutt: I can't believe you totaled a mammoth.
Tuke: That mountain came out of nowhere. It was in my blind spot.
- In Cats Don't Dance, the animals set up an audition with studio head L.B. Mammoth that is sabotaged by the villainous Darla Dimple far beyond what should be probable or even possible. Flooding the stage? Well, maybe. Flooding the entire studio? Pretty far-fetched. But wait, there's more: accidentally dragging L.B. himself behind you on your anchor as your prop boat floats through the streets, crashing into buildings? Ouch. Accidentally getting him tied to the mast when the boat sinks? Epic Fail.
- The Lion King 1½:
Random Meerkat: Who else can break a hole?!
- At the beginning of the film, Timon's so bad at digging (or at least his way of digging) that he ends up causing the entire tunnel system to collapse. And we heard this is the fourth time he's done it in a week.
- Later on, when trying to break Simba and Nala up during the "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" sequence, Timon throws a beehive at them... only for the hive to go ahead and the bees to stay right above his head and chase him instead. Why this happened... the world may never know.
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted: The circus's performance in Rome is a series of Epic Fail. Examples include Stefano choking on his balls, knocking a dog unconscious by accident, or a horse kicking another dog off a pyramid of dogs, or the balls the elephants were standing on deflating, or even the elephant accidentally sitting on a heckler and exiting stage left with the boy in his rear end.Skipper: Well, that was worth the price of admission.
- Mulan: Mulan is getting ready for her first meeting with the matchmaker. It starts badly, then gets progressively worse. It involves a renegade cricket, some badly placed ink, a teapot, and fire.
- My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Friendship Games: Flash Sentry and Sweetie Drops enter a cake baking contest, but bake a loaf of bread instead.
- In A Boy Named Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown loses the spelling bee when he misspells "beagle", a word you'd think he'd be very familiar with. (Snoopy is a beagle.) Even worse, he does it on live TV. Even more worse, Charlie screams in frustration as soon as he spelled the word, meaning he knew the correct spelling and just plain screwed up.
- It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown:
Peppermint Patty: Marcie, you've made egg SOUP! AAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!
- Marcie is told by Peppermint Patty to cook some eggs for egg coloring. First, she cracks them on a griddle. Second, she smooshes some with a waffle maker. Third, she tries placing one in a toaster. Fourth, she cooks the remains of the eggs in an oven. And finally, Peppermint Patty tells her to boil them. But Marcie even messes that up, because she cracks the eggs into the water.
Marcie: Tastes terrible, sir!
- At the end of the special, Peppermint Patty tells Marcie "We put salt on the eggs and eat them." Since Marcie has a salt shaker already in her pocket, she salts the egg and bites it. The only problem? She forgot to take the shell off.
Peppermint Patty: [drops her own egg, does a facepalm and drops her head down to her knees]
- Rover Dangerfield:
- Rover fails so badly at sheep herding that when he turns his back on them to be with Daisy they've somehow gotten stuck up a tree.
- Later, Rover valiantly saves the farm's turkey from a pack of hungry coyotes... and it dies anyway from shock!
- The Simpsons Movie: Homer, having alienated his family, and accidentally prevented the townspeople from escaping, angrily kicks the bomb...and accidentally halves the countdown time.
- The Sword in the Stone: Kay loses a jousting match. Against a training dummy.
- Tangled: Rapunzel has a montage of epic fails trying to get Flynn Rider into a closet. It should be noted that he was unconscious, and it only ends when Rapunzel decides having the doors closed with his fingers poking out is close enough.
- The Thief and the Cobbler:
- It can't get much more epic than how the Mighty One-Eyes's attempt to destroy the Golden City is ultimately foiled. All it took was a very, very, very fortunately aimed little tack and a (big amount of) dumb luck, and the One-Eye's improbable war machine of doom is destroyed by a hilarious chain reaction along with all the One-Eyes's army. All because of a tack. And mind you, the progressive destruction of the war machine gets more than fifteen minutes of screen time.
- Though not as spectacular, the Thief's Wile E. Coyote-esque attempts at stealing the golden balls are crowned by some pretty epic fails too.
- Toy Story: At one point, Mr. Potato Head and Hamm play Battleships against each other, with Hamm winning. But look closely to see by how the game is going; Hamm has successfully hit every one of Potato Head's ships (All bunched together) without missing, while Potato Head's side is filled with white Miss pegs except the areas where Hamm's ships are.
- Toy Story 2: "Prepare to meet Mr. Angry Eyes!" quoth Mr. Potato Head as he rushes to the attack in Al's apartment. After switching his regular eyes... for an extra pair of shoes. So naturally he just runs into the furniture and looks like an idiot. Jessie's WTF facial expression makes it even better.
- Wreck-It Ralph: Felix is caught by King Candy and put into a jail cell. He tries to get out with his hammer note ... and ends up making the bars on the cell twice as thick.Fix-It Felix Jr.: WHY DO I FIX EVERYTHING I TOUCH?!