- In Everyman HYBRID, hidden clips in "Twenty-four months" show an alternate fate for Jeff, with him overdosing on pills depressed over the loss of his girlfriend.
- Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. Not too bad, until you realize that cars are on the road, and then you realize what the "other side" means.
- Cracked released this article exploring the ramifications of suicide for you, and the people around you. While littered with Cracked's standard brand of humour, it does make some valid points. If you are reading this page and considering suicide, please please at least take the time to read the article first.
- Doki Doki Literature Club!: Sayori was this as her depression worsened even further due to Monika's meddling. Regardless if you friendzone or confess to her, she will kill herself because both decisions cause her nothing but immense pain. Yuri does this by stabbing herself multiple times at the end of Act 2, and the player is forced to stare at her decaying corpse for the whole weekend.
- Animula's backstory involves this in Little Apple Dolls. In order to avoid losing his wife, her father have her to a warlord prior to her birth. On her seventh birthday the warlord came for her. The little girl was made to live in a cage, however a fox came along and helped her. The fox told her that the warlord was going to give her milk that would turn her into a demon, so Animula was given eggs in order to protect her. It turns out the fox was really the warlords' jealous wife, who was attempting to kill the girl herself. After deciding she can never escape, the child ended up drinking both the allegedly poisonous milk and eating the bad eggs.
- In a story about a blind man (or in some versions a blind sailor) who eats seagull pie at a restaurant, he starts to notice the seagull meat tastes different to when he first ate it after he got stranded on a deserted island with his ship's Captain and lost his sight. Then the blind man realizes the Captain did not serve him seagull meat, but human meat from one of the dead crew members (in some versions of the story, it's the man's dead wife). The horrific truth that he ate human meat on the island causes the blind man to run out of the restaurant and kill himself by running into the path of an oncoming car.
- The six paintings of William Hogarth's Marriage A-la-Mode show the disastrous Arranged Marriage between the the son of the bankrupt Earl Squanderfield and the daughter of a wealthy but corrupt alderman. The Viscount (later Earl) Squanderfield spends his nights gambling and bedding a syphilitic young girl, while the Countess embarks on an affair with Silvertongue, one of the lawyers who drew up the paperwork for her marriage. When the Earl finds his wife and Silvertongue in bed together, he challenges the lawyer to a Duel to the Death and loses. In the final painting, the Countess, having read that Silvertongue has been hanged for murdering her husband, has poisoned herself out of grief and shame.
Driven To Suicide / Other