Unless you want to trash your liver faster in one sitting than Captain Haddock did in his whole life, it is recommended that you use a low-alcohol content drink for this game.
Drink once when:
- Haddock takes a drink.
- Tintin dodges a car or a bullet.
- Captain Haddock curses and you know what the word means.
- Thomson and Thompson arrest Tintin.
- Tintin says "What is it Snowy?" or "What is it boy?".
- Tintin says "Great snakes!".
- Tintin says "No!".
- Tintin yells "Gas!".
- Calculus mishears something.
- Tintin gets chloroformed or gets a Tap on the Head.
- More than one person laughs at a time.
- Tintin visits a museum.
- When Thomson says "To be precise..." and mangles what Thompson said earlier.
- Thompson and Thomson exhibit incompetence.
- You spot Herge.
- Tintin wears a disguise.
- Madame Castafiore mispronounces someone's name.
- Snowy bites someone.
- Someone suffers blunt head trauma.
- Someone gets tied up.
Drink twice when:
- Someone who isn't Tintin gets chloroformed.
- Someone who isn't Haddock gets drunk.
- Someone gets punched in the face.
- Someone barely escapes death.
- Captain Haddock curses and you don't know what the word means.
- Tintin tricks some crooks into thinking his fingers are guns.
- Thomson says "To be precise..." and doesn't mangle what Thompson said earlier.
- Madame Castafiore gets someone's name correct.
Drink thrice when:
- Villain escapes.
- Calculus hears something perfectly.
- Thompson and Thomson exhibit competence.
- Whenever Captain Haddock says "Thundering typhoons/Blistering barnacles" or any variations thereof, you must drink and repeat what he said word-for-word. Screw up, and you have to drink again. Repeat until correct. Harder to do once you're really drunk.
- When Madame Castafiore sings "The Jewel Song" from Faust, you must drink until she stops singing.
- ...Oh, Crap!.
- When the theme tune reprises to denote a shift in dramatic tension, chug.
- During "The Castafiore Emerald", take a drink whenever:
- Someone falls down the stairs
- Castafiore says "Mercy my jewels!"
- Someone calls thinking it's Cutts the Butcher
- When Haddock calls Cutts the Butcher by mistake.
- Iago annoys someone.