Classic Doom (Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, Doom 64 etc):
- Take a shot for every time you die. Make it a shot if you never saved at any point during the level, and have to start over with just a pistol (originals) or from an autosave (source ports).
- Finish your drink if you reach E2M8 and don't have a plasma rifle. You're going to need it.
- Take a shot if you finish a level with 100% kills, items, and secrets. Make it two shots if the time is under par.
- If playing in Nightmare! difficulty or in Doom 2, finish your drink if the end-of-level tally shows over 100% monsters killed.
- In co-op, take a shot any time you Telefrag a fellow player.
- Finish your drink if you kill off a baron of hell, cyberdemon, or spider mastermind with the fists or chainsaw.
- Take a drink anytime a baron of hell or other major enemy is killed due to infighting.
- Take a sip instead if you're in Doom II's MAP08: Tricks and Traps.
- Take a sip every time grabbing an item or entering a room reveals enemies.
- Take a drink if an archvile revives an enemy that was especially difficult to kill.
- Take a shot if getting blasted by an archvile sends you flying somewhere advantagious. Make it double if doing so skips part of the level.
- If using source ports, finish your drink anytime you commit Sequence Breaking by jumping or crouching.
- Down the bottle if you kill the Icon of Sin using mouselook.
- In The Plutonia Experiment, take a shot if you complete level 32, "Go 2 It". Heck, do it if you find the secret levels in the first place, since once in level 31, "Cyberden", the only exit leads right to "Go 2 It".
- In TNT: Evilution, take two shots if you beat level 32 in single-player without an essential key.
Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil:
- Take a small sip for every jumpscare. Make it a shot if it actually surprises you.
- Take a drink everytime Betruger starts taunting you.
- Take a drink for every cutscene introducing an enemy. Finish your drink if they get a cutscene AFTER you've already encountered that enemy.
- Take a drink if you lose all your weapons. Add an extra for every BFG round lost in this manner.
- Take a drink if you kill a tentacle commando with the chainsaw.
- Take a shot if you manage to provoke monster infighting.
- Take a drink for every hell knight, archvile, or other major enemy killed using the Soul Cube or the Artifact's berserk effect.
- In Doom 3, finish your drink if the NPC with a lantern dies.
- Take a shot if you die while switching from the flashlight to a weapon.
- Take a drink for every UAC log entry or talking hologram you encounter that contains flagrant disregard for human life, satanic references, or references to experimenting with demons. Make it a small one, you won't last long.
- Take a drink for every hell knight or tougher enemy killed via the chainsaw or berserk powerup.
- Take a drink every time you spot a reference to the older games. Make it a shot if they reference the Doom alpha versions or unfinished ideas from the first game's development.
- Take a drink the first time you encounter a given glory kill. Before long you'll be too drunk to remember which ones you've already seen.
- Take a shot if an enemy pulls a Finishing Move of its own on you.
- If replaying the game, finish your drink if not having a certain weapon upgrade or rune that you've gotten used to gets you killed.
- Take a drink whenever something happens that breaks with in-game logic.
- Take a drink everytime Doomguy's face looks particularly Off-Model. You won't last long.
- Take a drink everytime ripping and tearing is mentioned.
- Finish your drink when the night train comes. note
- Take a drink everytime Doomguy gets a bigger gun.
- Finish your drink if something Doomguy says actually makes perfect sense.