Now, with this helpful list of rules, you too can play the Berserk drinking game!
Manga and other:Take a shot every time...
- The word 'dream' is mentioned.
- Griffith tells Guts that he belongs to him (or any other sort of Ho Yay moment between them).
- The camera pans over Casca's butt.
- You see a Pastel-Chalked Freeze Frame in Berserk (1997).
- Somebody comments on how Guts' sword is just a large slab of iron.
- Guts gives a Slasher Smile.
- General Adon boasts about his family's secret style.
- Chestnut Puck makes a meta reference to pop culture.
- A character is shown hugging a sword.
- You see a close-up of somebody's bag.
- Nina thinks about betraying somebody.
- Somebody gets raped or nearly raped.
- Somebody dies. (WARNING: Do not try this during major battle scenes. You will die.)
- Somebody's eyes are sliced, stabbed, crushed, or otherwise brutalized.
- Somebody's brain matter is visible.
- Take two drinks if it's Void's.
- Guts gets slammed by a monster and blood comes out of his mouth.
- Isidro tries to do something awesome.
- Take two drinks if it works.
- A man is shown naked.
- Miura treats us to a two-page splash of Guts slicing opponents to ribbons with his Dragonslayer.
- A character is seen wearing an impossibly ornate suit of armor with spikes/crazy decorations/animal imagery, etc.
- A Gonk character appears.
- When Mozgus gets emotional and his face goes all funny.
- Down the bottle at the end of the Eclipse. Trust us, you'll need it.
- Drink when Rickert slaps Griffith. Hell, raise a toast to the guy!
- When a new chapter ends with "'Til Next Time!" with no clear release date for the next chapter. Then stare out the window and cry for the next five months.
Take a shot every time...
- The CLANG!! sound effect plays.
- "Hai Yo" comes on.
- The camera does an unecessary crane shot swooping around the characters instead of a simple 180 degree cut.
- A character in shadow is entirely covered in hatching lines.
- A manga panel is duplicated.
- An Art Shift occurs.