Mickey puts on a magic act, but when Donald Duck heckles the performance, he becomes a less-than-willing recipient of Mickey's magic tricks.
- Baleful Polymorph: Mickey's magic hoop briefly turns Donald into a different animal every time he goes through it, including a kangaroo, a walrus and a monkey.
- Boxing Kangaroo: Mickey's magic hoop briefly turns Donald into a kangaroo wearing boxing gloves.
- Chekhov's Gun: A literal example: Mickey's prop gun, which he uses to fire a shrunken Donald into an egg, is later used by Donald against Mickey in the climax.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Mickey's magic hoop briefly turns Donald into a gray monkey.
- Fatal Fireworks: Downplayed: the prop gun that Donald uses against Mickey can apparently release fireworks, which result in Donald literally bringing the house down on himself, Mickey and Goofy. Luckily, no one is killed in the ensuing inferno caused by the fireworks, although Donald in particular does wind up much the worse for wear.
- Flare Gun: Mickey's prop gun, which can shoot fireworks, apparently.
- The Heckler: Donald.
- Magicians Are Wizards: As Mickey demonstrates to Donald.
- Running Gag: Thanks to Mickey, Donald accidentally spews cards from his mouth whenever he gets angry.
- Stage Magician: Mickey.
- The Voiceless: Ultimately averted; although Mickey remains silent throughout most of the cartoon, he does speak in the climax to warn Donald that the gun he threatens Mickey with is loaded.