Frozen II is the sequel to Frozen and the second full-length feature film of the Frozen franchise, and is the 58th entry in the Disney Animated Canon. Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, his pet reindeer Sven, and talking snowman Olaf leave the Kingdom of Arendelle and face dangers in a new land, discovering Arendelle's ancient history with magic.
It is scheduled to be released in November 2019, and is also the last Disney film of the 2010s decade.
The first teaser trailer can be viewed here.
Character tropes go on to the Characters Sheet.
This film contains examples of:
- Arc Symbol: The "snowflake" vegvisir (ancient Norse compass) from the teaser poster incorporates four diamonds, each with a specific symbol within it. These diamonds and their symbols appear as floating icicles in front of the royal palace in the teaser trailer. One of these symbols also appears on the bottom of Anna's cape.
- Audible Sharpness: Anna notices something sneaking up on the group from behind at the end of the teaser trailer. She yanks Kristoff's sword out of its sheath and charges. It happens so fast that you might as well have only realized what happened by hearing the metallic sound that comes when the sword gets unsheathed and swung.
- Costume Evolution: Most of the characters get new outfits to illustrate the passing of time and their general Character Development since the last film.
- Elsa's costume has switched from the regal gown she had on for her coronation in the first film to an icy blue bodysuit with a skirt, boots, and a jacket on top.
- Anna has switched from her dress to more of an Adventurer Outfit looking longcoat, pants and boots of her own, with only a version of her pink shawl/cape remaining the same.
- Determined Expression: Elsa wears this expression - furrowed brow, narrowed eyes and lips - while using ice magic on ocean waves in the teaser. She fails on her first attempt and tries again.
- No Flow in CGI: Averted. Unlike most of the first film, there are tons of shots with flowing fabric or hair, such as Elsa's new wispy cape, Anna's loose hairstyle, and Elsa loosening her braid into a ponytail. The sea has also been animated with waves.
- Numbered Sequels: Frozen II.
- Rearrange the Song: A remix of "Vuelie," the opening song from the first movie is played in the teaser trailer.
- Scenery Porn: The environments are far more detailed than in previous installments, such as a rocky beach in the middle of a storm filled with lighting changes and waves, and an autumnal forest covered in leaves that are rendered individually.
- Sean Connery Is About to Shoot You: Anna grabs a sword and slashes towards the camera at the end of the teaser trailer.
- Sequel Logo in Ruins: A variation. The bottom half of the Frozen II logo is grey, with the boundary between the ice-blue and the grey uneven, as if it's decaying from the bottom-up.
- Technicolor Fire: The fire that traps Elsa and Olaf is purple rather than the standard orange colour that one would expect.
- Walk on Water: Elsa uses her ice powers to make a path on top of the water to travel across the sea during a storm. Unfortunately, it doesn't allow her to run vertically up a falling ocean wave.