- If you try and fire a projectile at the spot you're standing in, the message "Try to find a more creative way to commit suicide" appears.
- Similarly, you can use the talk option to talk to yourself by aiming it at your square.
- You know that "Useless Potion" item? Turns out that if you find a use for it, not only does the game commend you for it, it gives you a random artifact as a reward. It involves propelling yourself by throwing it in the Caverns of Chaos's slippery ice level.
- Attempting to sacrifice yourself while wearing an amulet of life saving, using nearly all abnormal skills (e.g., pick pockets, ventriloquism) on yourself, escaping Arena fights by teleportation, wishing for unusual things (e.g., babes), kicking staircases, etc. will all produce unusual and occasionally unfortunate effects.
- Press & (monster memory) and type in your character's name. Or the Almighty Creator's.
- Talking to an animal activist ratling while wearing a fur will make him shout "Ye animal ssslayer! Sssuffer!", become hostile, and spray a blinding liquid on your face.
- Rubbing a ring of djinni summoning causes a djinni to appear next to the player character. This is usuallynote used for receiving a wish, which causes him to disappear instantly when the wish is granted. However, if the player character is completely surrounded by monsters, the djinni will instantly kill one of them to make room for himself and then give whatever reward he was supposed to. However, trying to use this technique to insta-kill a boss will make him complain that there's not enough room and refuse to appear. Additionally, if used on the level of the Bonus Boss, he will look around nervously, gulp, and disappear.
- Choking on your own vomit, by falling asleep when sick.
- If you drink from a pool, sometimes a talking frog will pop out. If you're female, he'll send you on a quest. If you are male, he'll say that you are 'of the boring kind'. The frog might explode if you are male and deaf; if this kills you, you get a unique death message.
Developers Foresight / Ancient Domains of Mystery