- Hetalia: Axis Powers fanfic Gankona, Unnachgiebig, Unità: Let's just say Germany and Japan gave each other a lot of death glares over the span of one night because of their shared feelings for Italy.
- In The Parselmouth of Gryffindor, Snape remains a master of this, but let's not forget Hermione and Grindelwald in Chapter 43:Of course, noticing that she was staying, a few curious students had wanted to stay too and see what would happen; but Hermione Granger and Gellert Grindelwald, both glaring well, it would have taken no less than Professor Snape to top that.
- A Crown of Stars:
- Trying to hit on Asuka is not a good idea when Shinji is around. His deadly glare is alarmingly similar to his fathers.It was still funny watching Shinji of all people imitate his fathers dead-eye stare at the guys who tried to worm their way next to me. Whod have thought Baka-Shinji could scare anyone?
- Asukas mastered the art of death-glaring. If she is glaring at you, you better run away as Touji found out.
- Trying to hit on Asuka is not a good idea when Shinji is around. His deadly glare is alarmingly similar to his fathers.
- Advice and Trust:
He'd shot his father a look of burning hatred before slinging one of Asuka's arms over his shoulder and practically carrying her out of the room.
- In chapter 4, Asuka glares at Shinji after learning that he touched Rei's chest accidentally. Her glare was so heated that it could have set his clothes on fire.Asuka directed a stare at Shinji that should have set his shirt on fire.
- Shortly after in that chapter Shinji, Asuka and Rei were leaving the school when they found several girls clustered at the gate, blocking the exit. One of them approached to Shinji and Asuka glared daggers at her.
- In chapter 6 Asuka rescues Shinji from their female classmates. Afterwards Asuka and her classmates exchanged death glares:Asuka hung behind to give Tanaka and the other girls a death glare, which they returned.
- In chapter 7 when Gendo fired them, Asuka -whose self-worth depended hugely on being a Pilot- almost collapsed on the spot. Shinji -who was used to get hurt by his father but could not stand when someone hurt Asuka- aimed at Gendo an incensed glare could melt titanium.
- In chapter 4, Asuka glares at Shinji after learning that he touched Rei's chest accidentally. Her glare was so heated that it could have set his clothes on fire.
- In Power Girl fanfic A Force of Four, villainess Badra doesn't appreciate to be called a "one-shot wonder" by Wonder Woman.Badra stepped forward. Fire was in her eyes, and Fury was certain that her mother hadn't been wise in her choice of words.
- Lampshaded by the Lemony Narrator in Calvin and Hobbes: The Series:My goodness, that face Miss Wormwood had would've made trees burst into flame.
- Calvin gives one much later in "Nocturnals" that "would've chilled a six-pack."
- The Child of Love:
- In chapter 2 Shinji congratulates Asuka for keeping her score. She glowers at Shinji with a threatening look for a few seconds, pretending being angry, before grinning and saying Thank you.
- In chapter 4 Shinji asks Kaji if he will come to Asuka's birthday party. Misato, who did NOT want him coming, hurls at him a flaming angry glare.
- In chapter 5 Misato wants Shinji and Asuka going together to the Obon festival. Asuka tries to object
and Misato silences her with a glare:Misato (with a look in her eyes that could turn an entire fanatic army into a bunch of chickens):"There's no 'but.' That's an order!"
Shinji and Asuka:"Yes, ma'am!"
Misato:"Now, get out there and enjoy yourselves!"
Shinji and Asuka:"Yes, ma'am! Right away, ma'am!"
- Children of an Elder God: In chapter 4, when Asuka wraps her arm around Shinji and both walk away together, Rei hurls at her a jealous, angry glare could melt steel, combined with glowing red eyes.Rei was staring at Asuka, intensely, her face twisted in anger. Her fists were clenched, shaking slightly. It was hard to tell in the sunlight, but they thought they saw her blood red eyes glow brightly for a moment.
- Evangelion 303:
- HERZ: Asuka deploys this together with a menacing twitch from her eye and brow- when another woman stalks her husband.
- Higher Learning: Gendo gives Ritsuko a very subtle one after she betrays him and spills secrets to Maya.That small frown instilled more pure terror in her heart than she had ever known in her life.
- Last Child of Krypton: In chapter 2 Kaji ensures Misato he regards Asuka as a daughter. Asuka shot a furious glare at him.Shinji didn't need fifteen kinds of vision to see the girl glare at the older man with a look so fierce it could cut glass.
- The One I Love Is...: During the first half of the story Asuka and Rei were very hostile to each other due to be in love with the same boy. They constantly crossed heated, angry glares. Shinji was also recipient of many Asuka's incensed glares. An example of this happened in chapter 5:This was something I had not expected. I had not even chosen yet one of them and Rei was already assuming that I'd ask her to marry me... and with the way Asuka was glaring at me... I probably looked as white as a ghost.
- Adelle gave one to Hurdy in The Tainted Grimoire when he was about to mention something that contradicted her claims.
- Shows up occasionally in Turnabout Storm, most of the time directed at protagonist and professional Butt-Monkey Phoenix Wright. As for characters themselves, one of Sonata's main traits is using these.
- Clash of the Elements: All of the heroes give this to Joe Dark after he finished killing all of the Genesis Samurai.
- In chapter 7 of Ace Combat: The Equestrian War, Mobius, upon his first appearance, stares down Razor, much to his shame.
- In Sekirei canon, Miya have such a powerful death glare it creates illusions of hanyas. In Flight uses this for humor, with Shirou trying to learn (and eventually being succesful) her technique. Wordof God says it can leave a Dead Apostle terrified.
- Quite a common trend in Diaries of a Madman, particularly by the protagonist, Nav, who often does it when annoyed.
- In the Godzilla and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic crossover, Shadows of Giants, this is basically Godzilla's default face. Fluttershy is able to use the Stare to cow others into submission even as a human.
- In the Back to the Future fanfic Homecoming, Doc glares Biff into submission after the latter protests his punching Needles.
- In the Blake's 7 parody Bizarro 7 Avon's father, imagined as an Edward James Olmos clone, is described as having a stare capable of penetrating solid neutronium and setting small bushes ablaze.
- In the Resident Evil fanfic The Progenitor Chronicles, Rebecca Chambers gives a few of these. In one notable instance, she scares the daylights out of the MC:The MC: [Rebecca] turned to me, her arms folded, with an expression that I was certain could have made that Tyrant from last night flee for its life.
- Several instances in Thousand Shinji:
- Shinji glared daggers at his father during their reunion.
- Asuka threw several incandescent glares at Shinji during their first meeting.
- Hikari glared at Touji when he was about to insult Asuka. Touji shut up inmediately.
- Later on, an Asuka's death glare convinced Shinji that running away right away was a good idea:Asuka's glare went from an intensity of targeting radar on a modern destroyer to capable of getting into a beam duel with Ramiel in about two seconds, and Shinji wisely decided that an exit strategy, namely running for all he was worth, was in order.
- In chapter 9 of Neon Genesis Evangelion: Genocide, Asuka glares heatedly at Ritsuko when the older woman introduces the newest pilot to Asuka and her teammates:Asuka glared frozen blue daggers at her. Had she thought she could get away with it, she would have slapped her.
- In turn, Asuka gets one from Ritsuko after she decides to play more than a little too rough with Keiko during a training exercise. It is notable for making Asuka actually shut up for a moment, where Misato was unable to do the same.
- In Superman story Superman of 2499: The Great Confrontation, Sybilla gives one to Lorile after picking a fight with her and getting soundly trashed.Beams of hate as hot as heat-vision went from Sys eyes to Loris as she lay there, gasping, on the floor.
- Wonderful!: When Emma visited Taylor after the Leviathan's attack, she gave her brunette friend a heated glare because Taylor didn't even call to let her know if her mother and she were fine.
- This Bites!: Remembering his vow when he came to Little Garden, Cross gives one to Sanji when he objects to Cross stopping him from attacking a T-Rex for their hunting contest. He then turns his gaze on said T-Rex who begins sweating.
- Gobel the knight gives one of these to John in The Keys Stand Alone: The Soft World... but since he's buried up to his neck in mud and utterly helpless, John just grins and turns away.
- In Three Badasses In Westeros:
- After Sansa almost dies of alcohol poisoning because of Joffrey and the latter says it is Sansa's fault, Robert notes that, if glares could start fires, Audie Murphy's glare at Joffrey could have started a continent-wide inferno.
- Simo Häyhä gets to practice his on Littlefinger - who is quite shaken by it.
- Fates Collide: Bazett Fraga McRemitz and Medb give these to each other and to Glynda Goodwitch due to their jealousy over Cu Chulainn. Bazett's glare manages to terrify the normally unflappable Glynda, who quickly leaves the room.
- In X-Men: The Early Years, Jean Grey has a lot of practice at glaring thanks to her teammates.Jean shot Hank a murderous look and shook her head in a manner that said 'don't do it.'
- Suspicious of Charming's motives, Anya in To Belong gives him a glare and tells him "You hurt my brothers... and you are dead".
- In Fantasy of Utter Ridiculousness, Reimu gives Coop one of these after he accidentally infuriates Yuuka. He's too distracted by the flower-loving youkai to notice, though.
- In Kara of Rokyn, Jara hurls an absolutely murderous glare at Kara after her amorous advances are turned down by the latter.The woman looked at Kara with the air of a butcher wondering which part of a carcass to start on.
- In Hellsister Trilogy, Lucian throws a venomous glare at his teammate Mal Duncan after he has made still another stupid "Use the Force" joke.
- The One to Make It Stay has several notable ones:
- Rose realizes that Lila really is much worse than she presents herself as when she witnesses her glaring at Ms. Mendeleiev after she refuses to play along with her attention-seeking behavior and calls her bluff, making clear she won't provide special accommodations without proof that she actually needs them.
- When Alya runs across Marinette, Luka and Manon at the wax museum, she fixes her friend with a searing stare, annoyed at how Marinette's other plans got in the way of her Zany Scheme to hook her up with Adrien. Her glowering leaves Manon severely shaken.
- While Chat Noir fixes Ladybug with a scathing look while blaming her for Chloe's akumatization — as well as all the OTHER problems they'd been having as partners due to his selfish and entitled behavior, it pales in comparison to the look he gives Viperion for defending her, due to his raging jealousy towards the newer hero.The glare Chat gave her moments ago has nothing on the look on his face now. She's so used to thinking Chat is either really laid-back or more recently, a bit pathetic, to the point that she wasn't sure if he was capable of genuine hatred. Now, she's had that misconception completely shattered and she almost winces from the sight of it.
- In the Official Fanfiction University of MREDURE fanfiction, Marrim gives a student a death glare when said student starts professing her love for Eedrah—Marrim's husband in canon.
- In Golden Threads Tie Us, Lucina shoots an incensed glare at Severa when the latter reacts with anger to Lucina worrying about her wounds.Severa bristled. Well, two could play at that game, and Severa had far more practice than Lucina at this routine. "If you're implying something about my fitness for battle, then come and say it right out, Miss Holier-than-Thou!"
Lucina's face hardened, and she glared daggers at Severa's wound.
- The Loud House fanfic:
- Pride In Her Chest:
- Lori gives Lynn a biting glare for walking into her room.
- Lynn gives Lori a long glare for telling her not to pay attention to what boys think.
- In Boys And Girls, Lincoln spends most of his telling-off of Lori for her Double Standard glaring at her.
- In Birthday Breakfast, Lola glares at Lana for calling her fat.
- A Load Of Bulk:
- Lana glares at Lynn when the former wants to keep the latter's weights.
- Lana glares at her whole family (except Lisa, who's at MIT) when they gawk at her for having gained muscle (due to drinking a potion).
- Everyone glares at Lana when she accidentally dislocates Lincoln's shoulder.
- The Nightmare House:
- The dancers in Lucy's nightmare glare at her for dancing "wrong".
- When Lincoln suspects Lori is an impostor in his nightmare, he glares at her.
- Discussed in What You Wish For, where Lori notes that Lola is usually either smiling or angrily glaring, so it's odd that she's wearing a concerned frown.
- Pride In Her Chest:
- Deep Sea Dolphin in What Insertion? loves dealing these, and her nature as a mazoku makes it easy for her to freak people out in this manner... though often as part of the buildup to a prank.
- In the The Hobbit fanfiction Heart of Ashes, Queen Lalemwen gives "Cail Agonn" (actually Smaug in disguise while in his human form) a pretty impressive one in her court, although it's a total No-Sell on the fearsome Fire-Drake.
- In Archie Comics story Maybe The Last Archie Story, Archie shoots an absolutely venomous glare at Cheryl Blossom when she refers to Betty and Veronica as "bimboes".
Death Glare / Fan Works