Hunter: Tage... what happened?!
Tage: Well, long story short, I put on the 'ugliest tie in the universe' and caused the apocalypse."World of Duel is an unpublished webcomic revolving around protagonist Tage Dorman and his attempts to defeat a ridiculously powerful demon that is destroying the universe. The story's universe is split into nine different "worlds" that are each based off of time periods or common genres. The series is separated into "books" as opposed to chapters, and it is made primarily in Macromedia Flash 8. World of Duel features animations, interactivity, and music, but the majority of each book is made up of panels that the user clicks through to advance the plot. However, while there are choices, the story is linear, thus making it more of a comic than a game.
This webcomic will most likely exhibit the following tropes:
Tage, the realist
Hunter, the optimist
Proxy, the cynic
Lodin, the apathetic, and
Grandin, the conflicted
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Hunter and Tage
- Pretty Boy: Most of the main characters
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits:
"With the reluctant help of a wannabe fratboy, a cursed artist, an emo kid, and a de trop prince, Tage attempts to defeat the demon and restore the 9 worlds that have been ravaged by it."
- Polar Opposite Twins: Percival and Grandin
- Dem Bones: Seemingly live skeletons are very common in this universe
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Justified in that everyone has a cool name
- The Insomniac: Tage, to the point of it being nearly fatal
- Frat Bro: This is Hunter's primary goal for the first few books
- Never Trust a Title: The main characters are hardly ever in World of Duel.