A short story (that will be published when it's done) by Mr Hollow Rabbit. The story's pretty simple: Taking place in an all-female prison, a sudden lockdown threatens the livelihood of the inmates and prison guards as the security system goes out of control. Four prisoners (The Silent Girl, The Scientist, The Beauty Queen and The Storyteller) and a prison guard (The Guard), who have never met each other before are not affected by the lockdown and are out to solve the mystery of the sudden lockdown.
The story centers more on the pasts of the five characters; the mystery of the sudden lockdown takes the backstage to push the plot forward. This is all you need to know about Watahari Lockdown. (FYI, Watahari doesn't mean anything. It's just a gibberish word the author made up.)
Tropes Applicable in Watahari Lockdown:
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: All the four inmates have their individual quirks, except for the poor guard.
- The Fashionista: The Beauty Queen, but mostly on the make-up part. Since she's in prison and everything...
- Genius Ditz: The Beauty Queen is very well-versed in anything that has to do with cosmetics and beauty products. Yes, even the chemicals used in beauty products.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Deconstructed: Most likely the reason why The Storyteller ended up in prison after heavily injuring 6 people when drunk. She's currently in therapy while making her stay in prison, fortunately.
- Iconic Item: A pillow for The Silent Girl. She is never seen without one. Also works as her Security Blanket.
- Lonely Together
- Mad Scientist: The Scientist, duh. Unlike many other examples, she doesn't conform to the usual quirks of a mad scientist.
- Minimalist Cast: Five characters: Four inmates, one prison guard. And some dangerous security turrets.
- Mooks: The turrets working in the prison, going out of control upon the sudden lockdown.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: The Scientist.
- No Name Given: No names are given to the five characters. It will be revealed as the story progresses.
- Only Sane Woman: The Guard, having to put up a prisoner who doesn't talk much, an eccentric scientist, a borderline narcissistic lady and a previously renowned author who is currently in therapy to curb her drinking habits.
- The Quiet One: Guess who.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: It seems to be like this for the five characters.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Beauty Queen and The Scientist, respectively.
- Security Blanket: The Silent Girl's pillow.
- The Silent Girl
- Sleepyhead: The Silent Girl sleeps in random places. Even when it's not convenient to do so. (i.e. Sleeps in the middle of an escape attempt from the turrets.)
- Sliding Scale of Gender Inequality: Since this takes place in an all-female prison, it is safe to say that it's a Level 9 here.
- The Storyteller