The Oropel Ring is a story about a group of people that all want the mythical Oropel Ring, an ancient ring said to possess great power. They do this by following maps, which lead them to puzzles and more maps. There are different groups after the rings, which are: a young girl with a passion for adventure and her quiet best friend, another girl who loves to fight and her nervous best friend, an aspiring investigator and data collector, a group of kids that want to be superheros, a treasure hunter and his little sister that also wants to be a treasure hunter and a strange creature with a penchant for chaos. The plot follow their adventures trying to one-up each other in the race to the mysterious ring, as they fight monsters, solve puzzles and nearly avoid death. Also, most of them are kids.
Follow the map to the tropes:
- Aerith and Bob: You've got normal and common names like June, Olive, Brooks and Maggie, then you've got some slightly less common but still normal names like Asher, Maiara, Honey and Elis. And then you got Marzo and Not Exactly.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Every single main character and a few more minor ones have color that differentiate them.
- June: Dark Red
- Honey: Dark yellow/mustard
- Olive: Dark Orange
- Basil: Soft yellow
- Marzo: Bright purple
- Asher: Bright/ Bubblegum pink
- Maiara: Dark blue
- Elis: Dark purple/ Black
- Cupcake: Water green
- Maggie: Light Orange/ Fuchsia
- Not exactly: Neon Green
- Ensemble Cast: See Rotating Protagonist below.
- Great Big Book of Everything: Marzo's investigation journal counts as this, since it contains information about a lot of things Marzo has researched. Justified since Marzo has been investigating for a long time.
- MacGuffin: The Oropel ring, an ancient ring that is said to posses great powers. All main characters want it for one reason or another.
- Rotating Protagonist: The focus of the show isn't just on one character, rather it shifts around and everyone has plenty of episodes focused solely on them.
- Bold Explorer: She dreams of being this.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Dark red
- Idiot Hero: Has some shades of it
- Plucky Girl: She is always looking for the bright side of things, won't let down in the face of adversity and will face any and all problems head-on
- Fluffy Tamer: She has tamed several big monsters that she considers friends and uses for transportation. One of her biggest dreams is finding and taming a dragon.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Has dark brown skin and blonde hair.
- Edible Theme Naming: Named after the food.
- Mission Control: She usually stays back and gives advice on what to do next to June from far away, be it from the computer in her room or a few meters from where June is.
- Only Sane Man:
- The Quiet One: She doesn't speak a lot with most people, except for a select few.
- Determinator: She's never going to give up when she wants something, no matter how stupid or impossible.
- Fiery Redhead: She is very aggressive and hot headed and her hair is a bright orange.
- Hot-Blooded: She is always angry, aggressive, very pasionate about what interests her and she is not going to give up.
- Single-Issue Wonk: Everything related to fights. Everything.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Loves fighting and has a high ponytail.
- Blinding Bangs: Has really puffy blonde hair that covers the entire upper half of his face.
- Cyclops: Has a single eye, although he is not part of the species, since they are bigger and have different features.
- Happily Adopted: was adopted by his current parents after he came out of the magic well.
- Nervous Wreck: Constantly shaking, sweating and thinking about all the ways everything could go wrong. Always looks like he is two seconds away from fainting.
- Friend to Bugs: Besides fairy flies, bugs of all kinds are their favorite kind of creature and they will defend them from all harm.
- Nature Lover: Loves everything relating to nature, the plants, the creatures, and the mystery they feel is awaiting to be discovered.
- Rapunzel Hair: Their hair drags across the floor.
- Transgender: Is still trying to come to terms with it. They are Female-to-Male
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has bright purple hair.
- Attention Whore: Loves being the center of attention and will do anything to ensure people are looking at him. He usually tries to accomplish this by bragging or insulting others.
- Camp Straight: Has mannerisms and behavior typically associated with Camp Gay characters, but has a crush on Olive and only likes girls
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He has long hair, is very effeminate and wears pink. Many people have confused him with a girl.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Thinks he is better than everyone else and constantly brags about all of his achievements and how great the "Super Hearts" are yet nobody cares.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has bubblegum pink hair.
- Bookworm: She is always seen near a book of some kind.
- Drama Queen: She is very dramatic and overemotional, and tends to blow everything way out of proportion. Probably has to do with some of her emo leanings.
- Psychic Powers: She has some medium telekinesis e.g. she can pick up a person. She also has a bit of clairvoyance and telepathy, but they are so light they are almost nonexistent.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Has very thick dot-like eyebrows
- Cat Girl: She comes from a species of animals that can turn into humans, specifically, she is a Bombay cat shapeshifter.
- Genki Girl: She is always really excited about everything, and tends to show that excitement through wild body movement and punches to random things and people.
- Weapon of Choice: She wields a giant magical bazooka
Brooks "Cupcake" Rodriguez
- Embarrassing Nickname: Cupcake. The story behind it is that, when he was younger he belonged to boy scouts ans they were selling cupcakes, so he dressed up as a giant one in order to boost sales. Although he has gotten somewhat used to the nickname, he still dislikes it and is absolutely mortified whenever his family tells anyone else.
- Perma-Stubble: Has a permanent ginger 5 o' clock that he can't get rid of.
- Weapon of Choice: His sickle.
Magdalena "Maggie" Rodriguez
- Genki Girl: She is really cheerful and energetic, constantly talking and making wild hand movements and generally annoying others with her never ending energy.
- Mouthy Kid: She's quick to point out where others are doing something she considers wrong or bad.
- No Social Skills: She has no brain to mouth filter and doesn't think before she speaks, which often results in her blurting out innapropiate or unrelated things at the wrong moment. She also has absolutely no tact and often doesn't perceive others feelings or misinterprets them.
- The Pollyanna: No matter how much you insult her, or how many terrible things have happened, her cheerful disposition and her smile never fall.
Not ExactlyA chaos-loving imp that is constantly tricking people and pulling pranks on everyone.
- Cute Monster Girl: Justified since she is part of a species that can shapeshift into whatever the hell they want.
- Malicious Misnaming: tends to do this constantly,generally to annoy others.
- The Trickster: Constantly tricking other people Intl doing what she wants then to do and humiliating others, pulling pranks on people, and the like.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has neon green hair with bright pink and yellow tips.
PursonA very old demon that got sealed in a ring by a mysterious lady. Currently Not Exactly's servant.
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: The only thing he wears are a ring and a bracelet. Later on, after he becomes Not Exactly's sevant, he starts wearing the necklace she locked him with and an apron.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Got sealed into a ring many years ago by a mysterious lady so he could tell a riddle that hints at the next location they should go to.
- Servile Snarker: The fact that he's stuck being a servant to Not Exactly is not going to stop him from being snarly.
LucasCupcake's best friend and the guy he and Maggie are currently staying with.
Not Exactly: Hi there, troper