A project meant to span several mediums, most prominently as a comic and a collection of short stories.
The plot follows the struggles of Aesaelion Tathviel, an elf who's lived most of his life on borrowed time after a mysterious traveler nullified an ancient family curse that's fated him to a slow death. The curse has almost returned - and Aesaelion is determined to break it before it can destroy him.
The story has a few major focus points with their own special titles - Aesaelion's story in particular is called 'Cursebreaker.
The God We Dare Not Speak Of includes examples of:
- Language of Magic: Magic and "Speech" are two distinctly different things - there's magic that can be done via incantation, but Speech is nothing but this.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The story takes a broad view of many different members of the Tathviel family across history, and of people influential in their lives.
- Conlang: The Elven Language is intended to be one!
- Conveniently Precise Translation: Averted. Translations of Elven are merely rough approximations.
- Lawful Good
- Reality Warper: The more Aesaelion comprehends Speech, the more he becomes one of these.
- Antiquated Linguistics: Due to being born over a millenium before the rest of the cast.
- Creator's Favorite
- Ambiguous Syntax: Fond of using this.