Suburban Moms is the brainchild of Troper who shall remain nameless for the time being and a friend. Will it ever become a thing? Who knows. But a surprising amount of work has gone into the characters and stories, and said troper would like to put some of her ideas here because she keeps losing all her damn notebooks.
Suburban Moms follows three very traditional (if slightly unhinged) families who live on the same street in an unnamed suburb somewhere in America. And the single guy who just moved in. The families are as follows;
- Rick: Helen's husband, Fun Personified
- Ashley: Rick and Helen's oldest daughter (13)
- Max: (9)
- Jake: (1)
- Brandon: An enthusiastic but uncoordinated soccer player (8)
- Jessica: (5)
- Margaret: A single mom, lawyer
- Wesley: (15)
Yes, this page is very much a work in progress.
On to the Tropes!
- The Ace: Ashley- Straight A student, competitive cheerleader, and decent violinist. Also, weirdly good at navigating in the wild.
- Ax-Crazy: Helen, occasionally
- Berserk Button: Susan winning first prize at the bake sale.
- Susan in general, for Helen.
- Deadpan Snarker: Margaret, primarily. Wesley as well.
- Fun Personified: Rick
- Intergenerational Friendship: Wesley and Jessica
- Lipstick Lesbian: Ashley
- Odd Friendship: Teenage introvert Wesley and five year old Jessica bond over video games
- One of the Boys: Max, much to Helen's dismay.
- Only Sane Man: Margaret and Rick, mostly. Most of the kids. Sometimes Dan.
- Open-Minded Parent: Rick
- The Unfavorite: A mild example with Max, although Rick picks up the slack
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Ashley and Wesley have their moments
- Possibly Helen and Susan. Of course the "friends" thing is questionable.