The Dynamite Twins x The Show Goes On: Slugger Slackers is a feature comic written by Wiley "Koyote" Bottcher and Jordann William Edwards. It is a CrossOver of Edwards' The Dynamite Twins and Friends and Bottcher's The Show Goes On.
It is a baseball story that focuses on the Twins and their friends challenging a group of jacked-up bullies to a full-on baseball game, complete with a huge stadium and a huge audience.
Like Edwards' previous feature comic, Bunny and Bear and the Lemonade, it will be available on Amazon.com.
Tropes in this comic:
- Affectionate Parody: This is a parody of many sports stories, in this case, baseball. Although, there are some glaring elements of Space Jam baked in there.
- Homages also come into play here.
- Amazing Technicolor Wildlife: Even more so when Wiley's characters are in the mix.
- Baseball Episode: This whole comic is ONE BIG BASEBALL EPISODE.
- Big Game: This comic centers around it; it's the culmination.
- Creator Cameo: Wiley, creator of TSGO, alongside Sedrik the Mutt, Edwards' EDM fursona, are the announcers of the game.
- David vs. Goliath: The Twins and their friends against a bunch of big, muscle-bound brutes.
- Hello, Nurse!: When Terri is introduced; the creator has admitted that this introduction was partly inspired by Space Jam.
- Precision F-Strike: Sprinkled all over this comic.
- Becomes a Cluster F-Bomb when Jacqui curses out his opponents after striking out one of his teammates, when he claims it was clearly a foul. Satirizes several baseball coach meltdowns.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Dyna Troupe (the team consisting of the Twins, Rodger, Renee, Markus, Terri, etc.)
- Unnecessary Roughness: When the Brutes decide to take extreme measures to win the game.