Work-in-progress by Somerandomdude about five boys, all of whom are host to various demons. It's written in perspective switching first person (the narrator changes among the five boys each chapter).
The story: Satan is a Bad Boss as ruler of Hell. He has turned it into a place of fire and brimstone and eternal torture, as opposed to the place of purgatory, penance and justice it was originally conceived as. Most of the demonic residents are perfectly content with this, as they have more power and be as corrupt as they like, but La Résistance has a stronger sense of duty and are preparing to overthrow Satan. In other words, it's a revolution in Hell!
- Ian Henning (United States): Host to the Earth demon Janazar, and wields a sword with a blade of obsidian reinforced by demonic magic. Also naturally has several powers related to control over earth. The Everyman is a good term to describe him. Pretty good friends with his inner demon, all things considering. His "ultimate technique" is his Iron Skin, which makes him Nigh Invulnerable. He's generally a good guy but has a snide, sarcastic streak and isn't always honest.
- Emilio Alcazar (Colombia): Host to the Death demon Kiq'ixcan. He resents the cruel powers his demon has bestowed upon him, but unfortunately he usually prefers to take his frustration out on his enemies, in often brutal ways. Can raise the dead, can use a Touch of Death, and can fire bolts of demonic shadow (counterpart to holy light) from a sickle sword he carries. His "ultimate technique" is to summon Death himself, but rarely does as that's normally asking to get killed.
- Anton Zaytsev (Russia): Host to the Frost demon Vyulkash; the two have an aloof, businesslike, professional relationship, befitting the cold, distant personality of both. Carries a wand to better control his ice powers. Also carries a hammer to smash enemies he freezes. His "ultimate technique" is the ability to create a blast of absolute zero cold, which obviously kills anything it touches, even demons who are normally immune to such earthly techniques. However, the blast is very difficult to control. He's aloof, cold and bookish, but is also an Anti-Hero and can be quite a vicious fighter when the time comes.
- Satoshi Kan (Japan): Host to the Fire demon Bolvajan; their relationship, unlike all the other characters, is outright hostile, preventing Satoshi from unleashing the incredible power he can unlock. He is, however, still quite formidable, though notably more emotional than the other characters. His only weapon is a pair of rings that allow him to control his fire powers better. His "ultimate technique" is known as "the Blaze" and it basically covers him in demonic fire, granting him incredible speed and devastating offensive power. Rash, arrogant, and often just an outright jerk, he's still quite a compassionate guy when his emotions get the better of him...which happens quite often.
- Hendrik Dlamini (South Africa): He's the host of the Temptation demon Hazaal, and the two have a good relationship similar to Ian and Janazar. His Mind Manipulation powers granted to him by Hazaal can be quite devastating if cleverly used, and he does use them cleverly. However, as they have little physical effect, Hendrik trains to be good at martial arts and weapons and is the closest thing the team has to a Badass Normal. His massive sive (standing six and a half feet tall and quite muscular as well) make him look intimidating, but he's an amicable partygoer type guy and often plays the role of Team Dad.
- Symbiotic Possession: Hendrik/Hazaal and Ian/Janazar definitely qualify. Anton/Vyulkash is more of a business partnership, but still falls under the trope.
- Sharing a Body: How Demonic Possession works in this universe. The human has to willingly surrender control to the demon.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Civilized: It's a demon revolution in Hell, what did you expect?
- La Résistance: The currently-unnamed group plotting to overthrow Satan.
- Multinational Team: The group of boys comes from five continents. There's another group that qualifies, a group of girls who host angels.
- Female Angel, Male Demon: Within the confines of the story; the team being assembled on the angelic side of things is all female, while the demonic side is all male. They're both ultimately good, however.
- Good Is Not Nice: The demons in each of the boys, naturally. Janazar in particular has quite a taste for violence and Kiq'ixcan is practically a Token Evil Teammate only held in check by Emilio. The angels and their hosts are also quite...harsh on occaision.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: Janazar.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Emilio has some creepy abilities, but he's generally a good guy, even if he is an antihero.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Despite a lack of actual physical effect, Temptation demons can be some of the most powerful around, and Satan himself is naturally a Temptation demon, though he has powers from all five types.
- Evil Counterpart: The angels have five types as well, each of which mirrors a type of demon; Growth/Earth, Life/Death, Wind/Frost, Light/Fire, and Guidance/Temptation.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: The Grim Reaper is not something who is to be summoned lightly, something Emilio is well aware of. When summoned he will kill anyone and everyone around, unless controlled by a powerful Death demon, and even then he's extremely difficult to control.