A Pokémon Fan Fic written by PhanOfDP333. It will be posted on Fan Fiction Dot Net. To be more specific, it's a slightly Darker and Edgier Pokémon FutureFic set possibly centuries after the events of Crystal and Platinum in the timeline. In this Alternate Universe, because of a devastating apocalypse (a combination of class 1 and 3a), many humans and species of Pokémon were wiped out. The survivors went Underground in order to live.
A lot of time passes Underground, since the world is uninhabitable. The descendants of the survivors eventually remerge and, finding almost everything manmade has been destroyed, begin to rebuild.
Under Construction...so this will change as I make changes to the story, so...well, the story might go through many changes. "Making it up as I go along", you say? I don't know what you're talking about... Also, major spoilers, since this story isn't even posted yet.
- Apathetic Citizens: Will be subverted.
- Badass Crew
- Character Development
- Deconstruction: Coal deconstructs, or at least plays with, a few elements of the games and the anime. Played for Laughs with a taste of Take That! at times.
- In the first chapter alone:
- Various references to the ridiculousness of ''ten-year-olds'' going around like they do in pretty much all the Pokémon canons are made. Of course, in the present-day of this story it isn't any better, with somebody needing to be fourteen to be a Trainer, which isn't much better.
- Kris note points out how unlikely it is that a Trainer could possibly capture a Legendary Pokémon. Ashley note brings up Master Balls and...
- In Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire and Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, the protagonist chooses his/her Pokémon when being attacked by a Wild Pokémon. When Ashley and Kris are attacked by two Starly, Kris looks through the bag that Professor Samuels and Wallis left behind, she doesn't find any Poké Balls, let alone a Repel, much to Kris' frustration.
- Disappeared Dad: Played straight. Might be justified eventually.
- Les Yay: Well, it's by PhanOfDP333...
- Pokémon Speak: One thing inherited from the anime. Occasionally, in some scenes, a Pokémon's lines will be translated if it's Pokémon talking to each other, or a Pokémon talking to a human capable of understanding Pokémon Speak.
- Shout-Out: Not exactly planned, but will probably pop up a few times.
- The Rival: Kris to Ashley, though they're both The Rival to each-other. They've also been best-friends since childhood. Arguably, whenever Kris plays up Foe Yay between them, it could just be to mess with Ashley, or...?
- To Be a Master / Gotta Catch 'Em All: Ashley wants To Be a Master. Kris wants to catch 'em all. Both Up to Eleven. Seriously)