Pale Blue is an upcoming 2D Action platformer by Tinker Games and art direction by Sinlaire. It was funded by a successful Kickstarter campaign. However, the last update on the project had been in 2017, with the release of the prototype demo, and nothing has been heard since then.
The game follows Villain Protagonist Cute Monster Girl Ellen who carries out various missions for Cocoon, the organization that made her, fighting superheroes from all over the world in order to create their own utopia.
This game provides examples of:
- Animal Motifs: Cocoon uses butterflies as symbolism for their goals, viewing humanity as the ugly larvae and that they will turn into beautiful butterflies. Same goes for Cocoons leader who is named after the Monarch Butterfly.
- Blue-and-Orange Morality: Ellen as well as Cocoon as a whole have a sense of morality completely different from humanity.
- Cute Monster Girl: Ellen and Tammy, unlike most instances of this trope, they are much heavier on the monster part.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Professor.
- Gameplay Roulette: The game switches between four different playstyles (Linear Dungeon, Semi-free Roaming, Stealth Stages, Tower Defense).
- Glasgow Grin: Ellen normally have this. When she transforms into some of her more monstrous forms the whole thing rips open.
- Hero Antagonist: The Aurora Rangers and Alphaman.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: The people at Cocoon believe that humans have grown corrupt beyond redemption and therefore decided to "reform" them all to create their own utopia.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Ellen.
- Mooks: The Coffin Knights.
- Multiple Endings
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: The games musical style has a long mix of orchestral, electronic and Dub Step.
- One-Winged Angel: Over the course of the game, Ellen will be able to unlock and transform into various monstrous forms. Tammy possesses the ability to transform as well but she has only one form.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: Deliberately defied by the game's creators to explore to notion of What If? the subject choose to stay and become the villain it was designed for instead of becoming the hero.
- Prehensile Tail: Tammy uses mostly her tail for combat as well as for strangling and snapping necks.
- Scarf Of Asskicking: Frei who got it from Tammy so she could tell him apart from the other Coffin Knights.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Whenever Ellen enters one of her many forms, the background music changes to the track HellXBurnt.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Cocoon's main goal is to create their own utopia as a result of their contempt for mankind.
- Villain Protagonist: One of the central parts of the story is that it acts as a Perspective Flip to many classic super hero stories such as Power Rangers, Kamen Rider and Ultraman and to delve deeper into their motives as to why they do all that they do.
- Was Once a Man: Ellen and Monarch, Professor is implied to have been changed as well but far from as much as the prior two.