Henriette has a decision to make that could change her happy relationship forever.
Natalia is in the process of discovering that hard work sometimes just isn't enough.
Kevin struggles to balance both his parents expectations with his nightly excesses as well as not flunking his exams.
And the less is said about Nikolasz privat life, the better.
The Myer Briggs Test is an unpublished work revolving around a group of four students, Mihàly, Henriette, Kevin and Natalia, assigned to do a project on the Myer Briggs test together. During this they discover a lot about each other and themselves.
The Story of The Myer Briggs Test provides examples of:
- All Abusers Are Male: Sadly Averted. While Nikolasz father was severly neglectful of him growing up he never laid a hand on him. Adrians mother on the other hand is mentioned to have often slapped her son.
- Betty and Veronica: Adrian is the Betty and Nikolasz serves as the Veronica for Henriette.
- Domestic Abuse: Used to happen on a fairly regular basis in the Schneider household.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted The fact that Adrians mother used to hit him is never considered anything other than abuse.
- Dysfunctional Family: The Kovàcs qualify. Nikolasz mother died when he was young, his father and him moved from Hungary to Germany where his father staid unemployed for a while and developed an alcohol addiction which ultimately results in his sons ambitions of becoming a ballett dancer being crushed.
- Adrians Family also counts, his parents having split some time ago, due to his mother verbally and emotionally abusing his father, leading him to grow up with his depressed mother.
- Friends with Benefits: Natalia has this relationship with Elena, a friend from university. She stops when she gets back together with Kevin.
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Two guys, two girls.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Kevin ended his relationship with Natalia, because he saw how unhappy their manny fights made her but knew, that she would never break up with him.
- If I Had a Nickel: Mihàly thinks this when Kevin butchers his name on their first meeting.
- Introduction by Hookup: How Nikolasz got together with Nina. He only later relized she was in his dance company.
- Odd Couple: Henriette and Nikolasz are quite surprised at hearing, that Natalia and Kevin used to be a couple. As the hard working and fit Natalia seems to be the polar opposite to the lazy and unhealthy lifestyle Kevin leads.
- Official Couple: Henriette and Adrian.
- One Head Taller: Nikolasz to the other three. Fits the trope to a T with Henriette.
The group as a whole exhibits the following tropes:
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: With Natalia as the Sanguine, Henriette as the Choleric, Kevin as the Phlegmatic and Nikolasz as the Melancholic.
- Only Sane Man: Or rather woman. Between Kevins laziness, Natalias ever optimistic nature and Nikolasz brooding she is basically the only one making sure there is any work done.
- Big Eater: Many chappters end with Kevin asking for some food.
- Book Dumb: Due to a combination of laziness and his dyslexia making reading very strenuous for him. He was this already in grade school, since his parents never took him to see a oculist and only found out about his horrbile eyesight years into his education.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: He certainly has a knack for languages but can't be arsed to do his dishes or wash his clothes.
- Ditzy Genius: Kevin hasl ittle in the way of tact, personal hygine or sense of responsibillity. He also speaks four languages and has better grades than Natalia who he usually learns with because of his book dumbness.
- Erudite Stoner: Comes of as this, but is actually just to lazy to put any effort into anything that doesn't interest him.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: While he seems like the laziest person around, he is actually quite ambitious, studying multiple subjects at the same time, even though his family would much rather he take over the family farm. He is also surprisingly empathetic and considerate with those he feels close to (like Nat).
- I Did What I Had to Do: He views breaking up with Nat as this. Wanting to avoid seeing her unhappy because of their busy lifes and full schedules. Unsurprisingly, she does not agree.
- Messy Hair: His hair is rarely washed and if it's washed it's most certainly not combed.
- Multi-Ethnic Name: Kevin Rhee-Müller. While Kevin and Müller are fairly common german names and surnames, Rhee is Korean, as is Kevins father.
- Must Have Nicotine: According to Natalia Kevin smokes about a pack a day, he doesn't count.
- Not a Morning Person: He's never punctual to anything because of this.
- Perma-Stubble: To say he shaves sporadically would be pushing it.
- The Slacker: He sleeps till noon, than wakes up to do nothing the whole day and goes out to party in the evening. What he misses in classes Natalia explains to him. He still gets better grades than her.
- Bi the Way: Natalia doesn't care about gender.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: She serves as this for the laid-back Kevin.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Is this to Kevin, with her happy go lucky and can do attitude. Nat is optimistic, good natured, honest and ambitious. In fact her openness and peacekeeping nature hugely contributes to the groups success.
- Statuesque Stunner: She's 1,77m
- Career-Ending Injury: While the injury he acquired when stepping on the shards from the broken whiskey bottles of his father was bad, it would've healed eventually, had he not insisted on training with the steal healing. After years of being in and out of physiotherapy the scars and damage done to his muscles unables him to become a professional ballett dancer.
- Dainty Little Ballet Dancers: 'Averted' Nikolasz while very slender is actually the tallest of the group.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Kevin is quite envious of Nikolasz good looks and can't but feel drawn to him after dancing with him. Admitting that dancing with Nikolasz is almost niver than dancing with Natalia.
- Friendless Background: Downplayed. While Nikolasz is far from social, he does have a few contacts outside his father. Namely his ballett instructor and co-worker in the youth club he volunteers at.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Introduced as a cold and reserved loner he is shown to be a fairly polite and even helpful guy.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: Though it's not entirely clear if Nikolasz is a really bad singer or the song he sings is just really mournful. Lampshaded by Kevin:
Henriette:"What was that?"
Nikolasz: "A song my dad used too sing to me. I'm not good with words so..."
Kevin: "Yeah, you're also not good at singing. That song made me want to hurl myself off a bridge."
- Ineffectual Loner: Due to not being social in the first place and also not wanting anyone to get close enough to learn about his fathers alcoholism.
- I've Come Too Far: Having become the pricipal of his ballett company Nikolasz does not allow his feet to heal before resuming training, ending his chances of ever becoming a professional dancer.
- Pretty Boy: Nikolasz is tall, slim and quite attractive.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky: Tall, check. Wears black all the time, check. Loves to make sarcastic commentary from the sidelines, check.
- The Woobie: Growing up a half-orphan with an alcoholic father Nikolasz found solace in his ballett training. But after his feet are ruined as a result of his fathers drinking, he wrecks them permanently by trying to continue training when he should've been taking it slow, evectively destroying his dream of becoming a dancer in the national ballett. His also a diabetic, but that doesn't seem to bother him much.
- You Can Barely Stand: Nikolasz ballett instructor gives him these exact words as a reason for him, to rest and allow his feet to heal.
- The Alcoholic: Bence has a drinking problem which has landed him in hospital twice.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Bence initially started drinking to avoid thinking about his deceased wife and his personal feelings of failure as a father.
- Functional Addict: While Bences alcoholism is bad enough to land him in hospital multiple times, he' still mostly able to uphold his job as a piano teacher and keeps the house in order.