Mr Guymanwatch is a comic series created by the Troper Mr Guymanwatch that thus far only exists within the recesses of my brain and on various sheets of paper generally organised in folders under my bed and desk. The general concept and character of Mr Guymanwatch was thought up in October 2005, when I was 10 years old. These early renditions survive today as what they were - badly drawn, with semi-coherent nonsensical plots and simultaneously ripping off countless TV shows and movies I enjoyed at the time.
I't's nonetheless been my hobby drawing these comic adventures over the years, and my artistic skills and general understanding of developing fiction has vastly improved. I've created this page as a writing aid as I now finally consider using the power of the internet in creating these comics for the public to see. If you have stumbled upon this page and find yourself reading, I shall do the duty of informing you that this page is for my own personal assistance in writing these things. So, if you find any entertainment in this, how very wonderful, but keep in mind that this page is not designed with such things in mind.
CharactersA character sheet that doesn't yet, if ever, warrant its own page.
James GuymanwatchThe titular character - 29-year-old detective long since driven insane by the realisation that he is a cartoon character.
- Anti-Hero: Type III.
- Chaste Hero: He has no idea what all the fuss is about.
- Clueless Detective: When he does solve a case, it's almost never his own doing.
- Conspiracy Theorist: It ties into how poor a detective he is.
- The Ditz
- Insane Troll Logic: His method of thinking tends to run on this.
- Limited Wardrobe: Even when not working, he still dresses like an early twentieth century detective.
- Nice Hat: He is never seen anywhere without his fedora.
- No Sense of Direction
- No Social Skills: It's too much work.
- Outdated Outfit: He dresses like a typical 1940s noir detective.
- Private Detective
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Simon. And Zoey, though the vitriol mostly comes from her.
Zoey CalhounA 27-year-old chemist at the Chicago Scientific Research Facility and James' friend since college.
- Ash Face: Her susceptibility to this is a Running Gag.
- Author Avatar
- Bare Your Midriff: Her default outfit.
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder
- Deadpan Snarker
- Fiery Redhead
- Flat-Earth Atheist: In the real world, her scientific approach would be completely accurate. In her cartoon world, not so much.
- Hot Scientist
- Missing Mom: Literally; she mysteriously disappeared overnight.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Only Sane Employee: Within the workplace, she seems to be the only competent employee in the entire sector.
- Only Sane Woman
- Parental Neglect: Her father never much payed attention to her and she resents him for it.
- Rebellious Princess: More accurately, Rebellious Powerful Billionaire's Daughter.
- Sarcastic Devotee: To James.
- Secretly Wealthy: She could get money from her billionaire father any time she wanted, though her resentment of him rarely leads to her doing so.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands 5'10".
- Tall, Ginger, and Snarky
- The Smart Guy
- Youthful Freckles
- Zettai Ryouiki: Several of her outfits have this.
SimonJames' maniacal talking goldfish who wants nothing more than world domination.
- Affably Evil: He sounds like Mark Hamill speaking normally.
- Evil Genius
- Non-Human Sidekick
- Snarky Non-Human Sidekick
- Take Over the World: His ultimate goal.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With James.
Sophie GreenJames' 28-year-old co-worker at the detective agency and his bitter rival.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Private Detective
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: She's not a horrible person, but she and James are still mortal enemies.
- Waistcoat of Style
Rupesh PalshikarJames' co-worker who is primarily confined to office duties in his department.
Heather O'ReillyAnother of James' co-workers, who primarily works with Rupesh in the office.
LindaA somewhat unhinged, promiscuous freelance bounty hunter who is hired to kill James and continues to show up from time to time.
- Action Girl
- Affectionate Nickname: Refers to Zoey as "Freckles".
- Badass Normal
- Badass Longcoat
- Bare Your Midriff
- Fiery Redhead: Not a natural red, mind you.
- First-Name Basis: Last names aren't important, according to her.
- Forceful Kiss: The first thing she does when she meets Zoey.
- Guns Akimbo: Her signature loadout.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Psycho for Hire
- Psychopathic Manchild: Psychopathic Womanchild: Type E.
- Really Gets Around
- Stalker with a Crush: Is particularly obsessed with Zoey, much to the latter's discomfort.
John F. KennedyThe 35th and 45th President of the United States, who, after being brought back to life, simply resumed his term, albeit with some... side effects.
- Came Back Wrong: He may have successfully been brought back to life, but not without a few screws loose.
- President Action
- Third-Person Person
GregZoey's put-upon assistant at the Chicago Scientific Research Facility.
- The Klutz
- Extreme Doormat
- Mistress and Servant Boy: The servant boy to Zoey's mistress.
- Straight Gay
CharlotteRight-hand woman to Catherine, the CEO of the facility, who often serves as Zoey's inspector.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Manipulative Bitch
- Pink Means Feminine
- Sexy Secretary: To Catherine.
- She's Got Legs
- Sitcom Archnemesis: To Zoey.
Terry and JerryA gay couple and neighbours to James who live a few doors down.
- Deadpan Snarker: Terry.
- Gag Nose: Terry.
- Straight Gay: Though Jerry is a little bit more flamboyant.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Partner: Jerry is noticeably more attractive than Terry, who's nose is abnormally large.
AmyA Japanese student who also lives in the same apartment block as James. She doesn't speak a word of English, so people makes their own assumptions about what she's saying.
- Asian and Nerdy
- Bare Your Midriff
- Bilingual Bonus: Her Japanese speech consists of pop culture references and allusions.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Even when acknowledging the cultural differences.
- Funny Foreigner
- The Unintelligible
- Zettai Ryouiki
Captain Horatio Mc ElroyAn insufferable narcissistic womanizer and captain of the USS Galloping Stallion.
- Awesome Mccoolname: Both his name and his ship's name are meant to sound like he made them up himself.
- The Casanova
- Handsome Lech
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Testosterone Poisoning