One day, a year nine student named Chris in the less than posh town Bardusurbs discovers that he has psychic powers. Soon after that, he discovers that there are more people like him. Most importantly, they are disappearing.
- Adult Fear
- Your youngest child goes looking for your husband's murderer and starts showing signs that he's going to have the same fate.
- In the same vein, having to keep the way your husband died a secret from your child for many years until he eventually finds out.
- Your best friend goes missing- you know he's been anxious about school and you worry he may be in danger of harming himself.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Thomas and Tina's parents. The fact that they named their twin children Thomas and Thomasina in the first place should be enough to tip you off.
- Badass Adorable: Thomas is quite cute and very badass.
- Badass Normal: Thomas has no powers but is a black belt in karate.
- Education Mama: Subverted. James' parents started out like this, but stopped when they realized it was driving him to the point of insomnia and excessively worrying to the point where he was sick on the day of the SATS. James, however, continued to push himself to breaking point anyway for fear of becoming a disappointment.
- Deceased Parents Are the Best: Chris' dad.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Aaron was being mean, but didn't deserve to be stabbed in the back with a pencil. Justified in that it was Power Incontinence, but subverted in that Chris thinks he deserved it on some level.
- Hippie Parents: Thomas and Tina's.
- Kid Heroes: All four main characters are thirteen.
- Psychic Link: All psychics have this with the person they feel closest to. Chris' is with James.
- The B Grade: James suffers from this.
Token Arabic Girl: Anika.