'Masked Hero Celestia' is a 2015 ongoing action Fan Fic by Neves 783, and is the first in the Masked Hero Series, although it is chronologically the last. It is set in a crossover between an alternate universe version of Tokimeki Memorial 4 and the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Terminal games, with Dr. Hal Emmerich from Metal Gear Solid being a major character in the events of the story.
It was May 2010.
People have been mysteriously disappearing every night, with no evidence of who or what took them. The only common link between the disappearances was that they were all last seen playing the then-newly released online game, 'Terminal Wars Online'. During this same period, there have also been several reports of mysterious attacks on people at random times of the day, with the common denominator being that the attackers were black, armored insectoid monsters known only as the Inverz.
Maki Hoshikawa ends up being unwittingly involved in the entire mess one evening when, on her way home from the convenience store, she witnessed a schoolmate, Kai Ryukoji, use a smartphone-like device to transform into an armored warrior - a Masked Hero - and fight against an attacking Inverz beast. After receiving her own device (known as the Terminal Phone), Maki becomes part of a much larger conflict involving several other Masked Heroes. This eventually culminates into a full-blown interdimensional conflict as the Inverz (and their Ritua masters) wage war against the rest of the Duel Terminal World... and against Earth.
- Action Girl: Everyone who is given a Terminal Phone. Including Miyako and Haruna.
- Adaptational Badass: Several characters from Tokimeki Memorial 4, especially the girls.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: "Mask Change! <insert name here>!"
- Shout-Out: Being based on Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Masked HERO monsters (which are, in turn, based on Kamen Rider, this is bound to happen.
- The Virus: The Verz Virus, which created the Inverz and which eventually starts the Zombie Apocalypse both in the Terminal World and on Earth.
- Transformation Trinket: The Terminal Phone.
Characters (with tropes listed being their traits in this continuity)
Maki Hoshikawa / Masked Hero Celestia
- Apologetic Attacker
- Combat Medic: Many of her skills are of the healing variety.
- Healing Hands: One of her abilities. There's a cost, however...
- Hospital Hottie: Invoked in her suit, which resembles a nurse uniform (complete with a Nice Hat).
- How Do I Shot Web?: When she first uses her Terminal Driver.
- Pink Means Feminine: A carry-over from her Tokimeki Memorial 4 incarnation, even her suit has massive shades of pink.
- Super Mode: Celestia - Angel Form, and eventually, Celestia - Messier Form.
- Weapon of Choice: Aegis
Yu Satsuki / Masked Hero Chevalier
- Student Council President: Just like her game counterpart. This takes a toll on her eventually...
- Weapon of Choice: Crystalance
- We Used to Be Friends: She ends up at odds with her friend, Kai, over the latter's methods of dealing with the invasion.
Tsugumi Godo / Masked Hero Hieron
- Creepy Cool Crosses: To match with her Hierophant motif. The cross in her helmet makes her resemble IXA.
- Death Dealer: She can throw a limited amount of Tarot Cards fused with energy, a la Gambit.
- Poisonous Friend: Eventually becomes this towards Maki.
- Tarot Motifs: Hierophant
- Weapon of Choice: Justi-Staff.
Kai Ryukoji / Masked Hero Eagle
- BFG: Her Finishing Move, which is a shoulder-mounted cannon that fires a homing projectile at the enemy.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Her primary motivation for becoming a Masked Hero is to fight against his father, who had an affair with "a mysterious woman" (later revealed to be no other than Queen Noelia).
- Expy: Both of Ren Akiyama and of Shun Kurosaki. The latter, moreso, with her bird motif, and her very Anti-Hero tendencies.
- I Work Alone: Does not like the idea of having other Masked Heroes involved.
- Super Mode: Eagle - Devil Form.
- Weapon of Choice: Raid Blaster.
Aki Koriyama / Masked Hero Kunoichi
- Badass Longcoat: Her lab coat becomes this when she has to fight untransformed.
- Demolitions Expert: Downplayed. Her bombs are not very destructive in nature, and are often meant for an enemy distraction.
- Flash Step: Frequently uses this.
- My Greatest Failure: She feels responsible for the disappearance of her friend Haru-chan a.k.a. Haruna Mizuki.
- Ninja: Her motif.
- Science Hero: She's a scientist, and she fights the Inverz.
- Smoke Out: She's fond of using this as part of her Confusion Fu.
Fumiko Yanagi / Masked Hero Ocean
Elisa Dolittle Naruse / Masked Hero Samurai
- Beware the Nice Ones: She is normally friendly, but when someone she cares about gets hurt, she gets deadly.
- Diagonal Cut: Her Finishing Move.
- Iaijutsu Practitioner: Uses this to execute her Finishing Move.
- Mama Bear: Do NOT hurt Fumiko around her.
- Samurai: Her motif.
- Shout-Out: Her design is very much similar to Kamen Rider Gaim. She is basically a more golden version of the basic Orange Arms.
Itsuki Maeda / Masked Hero Ace
- Awesomeness Is Volatile: She becomes engulfed in flames when she executed her Finishing Move.
- Hot-Blooded: Much more so here than her game counterpart.
- I Know Madden Kombat: Many of her attacks are soccer-themed.
- Kick Chick: It comes with her being a soccer player.
- My Greatest Failure: She wasn't able to rescue Miyako from her abductors.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tsugumi.
Rhythmy Kyono / Masked Hero Rhythm
- Expy: Her silent demeanor and her use of a rapier is very reminiscent of Amy Sorel.
- Meaningful Name / Punny Name: Even Otacon notices this.
- Super Senses: She can sense the presence of nearby Inverz by hearing their ostensibly low-frequency communication.
- Weapon of Choice: Melodious Epee.
- Cargo Ship: With his damn video camera.
- Noodle Incident: He keeps on referring to "that incident back in first year" when he talks about his camera. Subverted if you're familiar with the events of the Tokimeki Memorial 4 OVA.
Miyako Okura / Inverz Mother / Masked Hero Zektor
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: [[spoiler:She's fond of this as the Inverz Mother.]
- Mythology Gag: Her personality while under the influence of the Verz Virus is her Yandere mode in her source game.
- Phlebotinum Rebel: In true Showa era Kamen Rider fashion, her Verz infection grants her enhanced abilities, which allow her to help out the other Masked Heroes.
Dr. Hal "Otacon" Emmerich
- Hollywood Nerd: Just like his Metal Gear incarnation.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Otacon wanted to take a break from all the stuff that he had been involved into (i.e. the events of the Metal Gear series) by trying to break into the video game industry via programming Terminal Wars Online. When the Ryukoji Zaibatsu buys the rights to his game, they do some questionable reprogramming, eventually (and unwittingly) creating the portals between Earth and the Terminal World.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First mentioned by nickname in her diary, which was under Aki's possession.
- Always Chaotic Evil: Their only apparent reason for living is to spread destruction.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies
- The Unintelligible
Roach / Verzbuth
- HeelFace Turn: He joins the Masked Heroes as Verzbuth.
- Token Good Teammate: The only one among the Inverz who fights against them.
- Curtains Match the Window: Green hair and green eyes.
- Mysterious Waif: She warns the Masked Heroes of the impending threat from the Terminal World.
- Power Crystal: The gem on her staff. All members of the Gusta tribe use this kind of crystal.