Lethal Force is a comedic animated TV Show that currently exists only in the mind of its creator. Its premise is this:
It is 20 years in the future (no matter what year it currently is). Violent crime and unemployment are at an all-time high, and prisons are getting overpopulated. To remedy prison overpopulation, the government decides to let all prisoners except for sex offenders out of prison and force them to work. Unfortunately, the only work that's readily available are jobs as cops due to high death rates caused by the prevalence of violent crime.
The show is a parody of Buddy Cop Shows, and follows the (occasionally accidentally heroic) adventures of Abdul, an Islamic terrorist by day, and a family man by night, and Randy, a Violently Asexual Neo-Nazi. The whole point of the show is to Cross a whole bunch of lines a few hundred times.
This work provides examples of:
- Aesop Amnesia: Averted.
- A Lighter Shade of Black: Sometimes Abdul and Randy face people (well, entities) even worse than they are.
- Ancient Conspiracy: Comically exaggerated with The Union Underground Landfill Company. They are three weeks older than the universe.
- Asexual: Randy, though due to his violent reactions to anyone expressing the remotest sexual interest in him, some people assume his to be a case of Sex Is Evil, and I Am Horny.
- Ax-Crazy: Most of the cops and several minor characters and villains.
- Abdul has shades of this sometimes, as does Randy, though, surprisingly, not as often.
- Shreds, a katana-wielding, ambiguously-gendered Japanese-American officer definitely fits this trope.
- In season three, we meet an officer even crazier than Shreds, whose answer to a question on a multiple choice question on a census ("Why do you kill people?") is Z: To appease the screaming souls of the damned that live inside my head.
- Bald of Evil: Averted with Randy, who has a full head of blonde hair. Played strait with various villains, however.
- Black Comedy: Often.
- Buddy Cop Show: Parodied. Also technically a Criminal Procedural, due to the premise.
- Cerebus Syndrome: Although I never intend for it to become more dramatic and comedic, I intend to give it a slightly more serious tone as the story progresses and Character Development happens. Ironically, the world will get slightly less Grimdark as the show becomes more serious.
- Character Development: Part of the overarching plan of the show, which is intended to avert the tendency of adult comedy shows to have Static Characters.
- Conspiracy Kitchen Sink: Over the course of the show, Abdul and Randy meet (and usually kill) The Illuminati, The Freemasons, The Reptilians, The Greys, The Precursors (who are kind of dicks), The Men in Black, Cthulhu Cultists, Satanic Cultists, and The Union Underground Landfill Company, all of whom are secretly battling each other for control of the world.
- Crossover Cosmology: Abdul and Randy also (see Conspiracy Kitchen Sink above) meet Cthulhu himself, Satan himself, several Norse, Greek, Chinese, and Egyptian gods, Buddha, Jesus (though not the big guy himself, at least not in person), and a few Native American spirits, among others.
- Crosses the Line Twice: The protagonists are a freaking Islamic terrorist and a Neo-Nazi, for crying out loud!
- Donut Mess with a Cop: All of the cops, criminal or not, are shown at one point or other to enjoy donuts.
- Eldritch Location: "20 years in the future", the main temporal setting of the show.
- Flanderization: I intend to avert if not openly defy this trope.
- Happily Married: Abdul and his wife.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: When they aren't straight up Villain Protagonists, most of the cops are this.
- I Love Nuclear Power: In a throwaway gag in one of the earlier episodes, a perp Abdul and Randy are chasing throws himself into a vat full of radioactive waste, believing he'll get superpowers. Of course, he doesn't, and instead dies a Cruel and Unusual Death from radiation poisoning.
- Killer Cop: Often.
- Only Sane Woman: Officer Daniels, though almost everyone has their Only Sane Man moments.
- Police Brutality: Happens surprisingly often.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: The government certainly thinks so. Sex offenders (Both male and female) are the only prisoners who aren't released and forced to work.
- Running Gag: Abdul's suicide vests never work when he tries to detonate them. He then always takes them off and tosses them away in disgust, where they either cause mass panic or explode, but never both.Randy: Dude, you suck at making bombs.
- Skewed Priorities: The Asexual Convention.Randy: Yeah, I'm no longer welcome there.Abdul: Why? Because you're a Neo-Nazi?Randy: No, they were cool with that. They threw me out because I like donuts more than cake.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Randy is a Neo-Nazi. Also, he and Abdul meet actual Nazis a few times due to Time Travel, and even meet Hitler a few times. Randy ends up killing him.
- Token Good Teammate: Officer Daniels and the Sheriff.
- Villain Protagonist: Abdul and Randy are usually either this or Heroic Comedic Sociopaths, though they get some Character Development as the series progresses.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Abdul and Randy, though less (the vitriolic part, not the best buds part) than you'd expect.Randy: Dude, you suck at making bombs.