An animated TV series that has yet to exist. Heroes of Gold takes place in fictional country, the West Kingdom, and is populated by characters from fairy tales, nursery rhymes, myths, and legends. The show stars Red Thomas, Meggy Ming, Angelina Talia, and Chrissy Bella that are thrown into the life of thrills and adventure when Wicked Witches The Wicked Witch of the West (or just Wicked) and the Wicked Witch of the East (AKA Wanda) break the Ruby of Reality, a mysterious magical ruby that gives it's wielder great power. These teenage girls answer the Call to Adventure and decide they're going to save the day the Storyville way!
The Heroes of Gold:
- Red Thomas: 17-18 years old. Has the power of Super Speed. Based on Little Red Riding Hood.
- Red is a Rollerblade Good founder and heart of the team. She is a cheeful but naive All-Loving Hero and lives to inspire and help others. Her personality drives her to be as helpful as possible, but suffers from Chronic Hero Syndrome, often making her an Unwitting Pawn with enemies, and coming across as The Ditz to others.
- Meggy Ming: 16-17 years old. Has the power of Ki Attacks that grant her Super Toughness, Energy Absorption, and Super Strength. Canon Foreigner inspired by The Emperor's New Clothes.
- Angie Talia/Thumbelina: 16-17 years old. Has the power of retractable stingers, as well as telekinetic fairy dust. Based on Thumbelina.
- Chrissy Bella: 17-18 years old. Has an Imagination-Based Superpower. Based on Beautyandthe Beast.
- Cinderella Thomas: Has no powers. Is based on Cinderella
- Cindy is a widowed single mother of Red who owns a diner, and acts as The Confidant to Red's friends. She is silly and carefree, but embarrassing as a parent. Although she worries greatly and longs for Red's approval, she is a Mama Bear and would love to join her in her wild and crazy adventures just to be with her daughter.
- Robin Hood: An Archer Archetype with the power to bring any inanimate object to life. Composite Character of The Adventures of Pinocchio, Robin Hood, and Sinbad the Sailor
- Merlin: 14-15 years old. Is a sorcerer in training. Based on The Sorcerer's Apprentice and Merlin.
- Merlin is the Mission Control who aids the Heroes behind the scenes. He is a shy but intelligent Squishy Wizard that creates Magitek, but somewhat lacking in skill due to a combination of low self-esteem and impatience. He used to be a lonely orphan, until he met Cinderella and Red, who took him in as part of the family.
Heroes of Gold has the following tropes:
- Action Survivor: All four Heroes before they get their powers.
- Balance, Power, Skill, Gimmick: Red, Meggy, Angie, and Chrissy respectively.
- Decade Dissonance: WK is split into many different cities based on different types of mythology. Since the time periods of these mythologies can clash, many of the WK's cities have remained in Medieval Stasis for thousands of years (from Ainchent life to the Middle Ages to the Victorian era. This can be explained by a refusal to change their ways of life, a lack of technology trade, or not being on good terms with the rest of WK.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: The setting for this show is the West Kingdom. It's fictional, and to avoid adding real life locations, or hinting that it's on our planet, I added towns that resemble real places, like El Dorado (Brazil), Mezzoramia (Egypt), Shangri-La (Asia), and Olympia (Ancient Greece).
- Five-Man Band
- Forged by the Gods: The Ruby of Reality was created by Mother Nature and Father Time.
- Four-Girl Ensemble: Red is the sweet-naive one, Meggy is the mannish one, Chrissy is the sexy one, and Angelina is the Team Mom.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble: Meggy (Realist), Angie (Cynic), Red (Optimist), Chrissy (Apathetic)
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Meggy (Choleric), Angie (Melancholic), Red (Phlegmatic), Chrissy (Sanguine)
- Improbably Female Cast: While there are plenty of males in the background, the only significant recurring ones are Jack, Merlin, Robin Hood, Little John, and Father Time. Everybody else is female.
- Naked People Are Funny:
- In The Emperor's New Clothes, vain Empress Jun Li is tricked into humiliating herself naked in public.
- The Little Mermaid ends up completely bottomless when she grows legs, and is too unfamiliar with human anatomy to be embarrassed.
- Snowdrop must go Skinny Dipping in a blood river because she is a Dhampir who doesn't want to harm other humans. When a battle between evil vampire Empusa and the Heroes of Gold moves too close to her, Chrissy helps keep attention off of Snowdrop so she can get changed unnoticed.
- No Hugging, No Kissing: The show has absolutely no form of romantic love of any kind anywhere on screen, due to both the role of nearly all female characters as love interests and my hatred of all romantic love in fiction. All male and female pairings remain as Platonic Life-Partners. Even the married couples in the show never kiss or touch each other on screen.
- Despite their closeness, Merlin and Chrissy are each others Not-Love-Interests, as they have no real romantic feelings for each other, and are perfectly happy being platonic.
- Power Glows: Whenever the Heroes use their powers, they emit a Battle Aura: Red glows well, Red , Chrissy glows purple, Angie glows yellow, and Meggy glows blue.
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: The show practically thrives off it, with so many female characters, and the show being action comedy. Some more than others, and some even becoming the official Chew Toy.