Heart of Ice is a fantasy-romance novel inspired by Frozen.
For the last six years, the northern kingdom of Glissandria has been embroiled in war. Princess Irina Zimaburya's powers over ice and snow led her father to turn her into a living weapon against their enemies at the tender age of twelve. For six years, she has been feared as the Winter Princess by enemies and allies alike. To maintain control over her abilities, Irina has buried her emotions under a layer of military discipline.
With her father's death, Princess Irina is prepared to ascend the throne as queen of Glissandria and start a new chapter of peace in the ice-choked kingdom's history. Diplomatic emissaries from Praeg and Drelarith have arrived for the negotiation of a peace treaty, but Irina fears even a cessation of war will not bring an end to winter.
Prince Heinrich Hawkmoor I of Praeg has been sent to Glissandria with a specific mission: end the war that has ravaged Praeg by any means possible, even if it means the elimination of the new Winter Queen. When he sees Irina, however, his plan for assassination is replaced by another: a political marriage to seal a treaty of alliance. The only trick is figuring out how to thaw her frozen heart.
- Accidental Murder: When Irina's powers manifest, she accidentally freezes her mother to death by kissing her on the cheek.
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: Literally here, as Heinrich tries to win her over.
- Empathic Environment: Glissandria has been locked in winter for six years, since the war started. Justified in that it was caused by Irina's powers, to defend the kingdom.
- Endless Winter: One of these has blanketed Glissandria since the war started. Heinrich notices that the suffocating snow cover doesn't touch any of the farms.
- Hates Being Touched: Because of her powerful cryomancy, Irina avoids skin to skin contact with people out of fear that she will do to them what she did to her mother.
- An Ice Person: Irina herself.
- Ice Queen: Irina, especially after her coronation.
- Kill It with Ice: Irina's typical tactics on the battlefield.
- Mystical White Hair: Irina has platinum blonde hair.
- No Social Skills: Being turned int a living weapon for six years will do that to you.
- Power Incontinence: Irina fears that this may cause harm to the people around her, so she wears gloves when out in public and maintains rigid control over her emotions.
- Survival Mantra: Control.
- Winter Royal Lady: Irina was known as the Winter Princess before. Now that she's taken the throne, she's known as the Winter Queen.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Irina, as a side-effect of her rigid emotional control, being turned into a living weapon at the age of twelve, and trying to control her ice powers.