Really the only reason this page exists right now is that she finds it hilarious how many tropes apply to her characters. Also, she wants to have it on hand if/when her comic gets popular.
She will do her best to avoid spoiler-riffic things.
At this point in time, this page is merely serving as a place-holder for tropes that apply to her characters as they stand now. When the comic is started though, it will be wiped clean and only list tropes that apply to the story thus far. Consider it a "glance into the future", if you will. Although the only people who are looking at this page are the artist's friends who already know all of these things anyway, it is of little impact.
StoryNot much is here, understandably, considering the darn thing hasn't even begun yet.
- Prepositional Phrase Equals Coolness
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The artist designs assorted background/side characters in her spare time, most with their own personalities/vague backstories (much of which causes One Degree of Separation to come into play)
- Magical Land: explains all the weird stuff that goes down
- One Degree of Separation: The artist is fascinated by the six degrees of separation, and you could trace many of her characters back to one another through their shared acquaintances.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The artist is likewise fascinated by large words and the general use of the English language, to the point where she reads through thesaurus.com like a second tvtropes. Unsurprisingly, really, she is prone to using absurdly large strings of words as titles for chapters and the like. In her writing, she tries to keep the wording more simple so people don't have to go running for a dictionary every other sentence, but the occasional Purple Prose-esque word or phrase might slip in.
- A Minor Kidroduction: the story starts off with a child version of Darius. Contrary to what this trope implies though, it lasts longer than just an introduction.
- The Vast Amount Of Things That Don't Have A Title: Still being in the developmental stage, many places and things seem to be lacking in proper names. (i.e., The Fields, The Troupe, The Forest that the Aurora Dell [see below] is placed in, etc)
Characters, Their Tropes, and The Tropes That Apply Within the Regions
- Cory Mc'Allen (and Mollie)
- Julia Range
Central City (temporary name, despite it being farther east than being central)
- The Clockwork King
- The Princess (no name as of yet)
- Tiny Flag
- Lawrence Parnassus Wonder
- Daniel (aka "The Teacher Guy")
- Dad the Veteran: Confetti's dad, specifically. although he hasn't been in any wars. but he HAS had plenty of experience fighting.
- Technical Pacifist
- Reluctant Warrior
- Elective Mute: only seems to speak to Confetti and perhaps a few others. The rest of the time, she is a Silent Bob, communicating with body language, or having someone (usually Confetti) act as her interpreter.
- Gentle Giant: being the stilt walker (and in costume most of the time), she is most often portrayed VERY tall.
- Jojo Bop